Did Anyone Else Like Hero Factory?

I wish that the breakout storyline would segway into a hero vs. villain war, with the copy assembly tower producing villains and allying with the escapees to force the heroes to turn to killing and outright war. It would be like warhammer 40k: grim, dark, and where the good guys’ nobility is doubtful at best.

2 Likes

I loved the sets. I have no opinion on the story as the show was on Nickelodeon, and I didn’t have cable.

1 Like

They’re all on the Hero Factory website, actually. It’s nice to have them there if you want to go on a nostalgia trip. Either that or they’re on Youtube, I think.

2 Likes

I didn’t get any sets, but I followed the story, and it felt far too simple.

The sets were what the whole thing was about. The story was secondary.
I liked the sets.

2 Likes

I have all Hero Factory sets and I do miss HF but I’m not sure if LEGO will bring it back like BIONICLE did, HF could at least continue while BIONICLE is still around.

1 Like

No, I’m afraid it can’t.

Then Lego would have two lines running against each other, not creating as much profit as simply having one. :confused:

ah man, Lego had Chima and Ninjago running together and there from the same group in LEGO, and it sad how there was no continuation from Infasion from below and we never got to know who that villain was, the guy who released the brains, Rumour has it that his name is DarkMaker and we never got his set and fans were interested to learn more about him. There is a lot more to the story in Hero Factory that is not released yet.

1 Like

Oh, I’m not at all saying I’d be opposed to HF coming back!

Also, Ninjago and Chima were/are two different things which are kinda hard to mix up. :laughing:

Chima and Ninjago kinda did made a small crossover, when Lloyd and that ghost student went through different dimensions with Chima, but I do hope Lego will make enough money to bring back HF but not get rid of BIONICLE, keep BIONICLE and HF alive and if this happen, there might be a crossover, Hero Factory are the first sets that ever got CCBS, and I would love them to bring HF back and continue the story until VonNebula either die off or he becomes VonNess again, like Garmadon becomes good again.

Do you remember before Brain attack became a thing, you remember that in HF 5.0 was going to be an underwater wave and a Snow wave, Underwater wave called Rampent Oceans, and the Snow wave called Empire of Frost, I got my hopes up on those two waves for 2013.

1 Like

Want I want is hero war. All-out WAR, with the villain factory finally getting made and the heroes struggling to fight it and the alpha team becoming generals-
It’s just me, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Well. The way that worked was TLG thought that the two lines would compete and attempted to end Ninjago in 2013. But due to mass numbers of fans complaining about the end of a favorite theme - include some, I’m sure, who proclaimed they would never buy Chima sets in protest - TLG decided to bring Ninjago back and has since found out what a cash cow it - and not just the concept of a big bang theme in general - is.

HF and BIONICLE running at the same time would never work. They’re too similar. Plus I can’t afford both BIONICLE and HF.

well the crossover can happen in Lego Dimensions if anyone wanted to. it would be in free roam.

I know this won’t be the last post, and while I know I posted this over in the site taken down topic, I wanted to say this:
I personally loved hero factory for the most part (not so much invasion from below or some of brain attack), and so while I was sad to see it go, I was happier to see Bionicle return in CCBS. I personally ho[e hero factory returns if Bionicle ever collapses, as I feel the story still has a lot of potential in the future for some great sets. I miss it in a funny way, and I refuse to think of it as being truly bad, or so much of a dark time for construction. The way I see it, HF was a worthy successor of Bionicle, and G2 is a worthy successor of HF. This picture explains my bittersweet feelings of acceptance upon its end:

Never forget Hero Factory. It was the Hero we needed at the time, but not the one many wanted. It wasn’t by any means perfect, but I miss it nonetheless.

5 Likes

I never really liked the story, or followed it by any means. But the “Breakout” sets were pretty nice.

2 Likes

Well at least he doesn’t want to use a computer program to erase BIONICLE from existence.

Hail Denmark.

1 Like

1 Like

Last year my teenaged brother and I watched an episode of Breakout on Netflix and we laughed at how childish it was. I’m sure kids enjoyed HF but for old fans expecting a serious reimagining of BIONICLE this isn’t it.

I never followed the story too closely but from a set prospective I really liked them, I though they had a cool style too them and really preferred the streamlined look that ccbs brought to the table, also getting lots of new and bright color schemes was a major plus in my opinion.

1 Like