Did anyone ever use the Hero Factory Recon Team service?

I did it once. I’m planning on rebuilding the guy I built. I think his name was “James Frostfire” or something like that. Funny but true story, I recently looked up the old customizer website, expecting a page not found. I was taken to the Bionicle page. I guess Meso’s prediction was true!

4 Likes

The nostalgia is real
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/LEGO/gms/online/HeroFactory/HeroReconHeroCreator

I made @RaptorTalon

9 Likes

Amazing, Ten out of ten.

4 Likes

I used it a couple times.

3 Likes

I wish I was able to use it, but as a young kid who lacked money, it never happened.

(But I really do want that duel-melded chestplate)

1 Like

I did, I got that duel colored chest plate. Used to pretend the guy was like Christopher Chance from Human Target.

1 Like

@Lost_Head What’s the link, if you don’t mind me asking?

I probably did, considering I have 4 Nex chestplates but I only bought 1 Nex XD

1 Like

I just used the part picker for funzies but never got around to buy one since it’s just too expensive for what it is.

2 Likes

Yes, I did use the HRT service. I designed tons of heroes, and I ended up purchasing four of my designs on the last day that the Hero Recon Team service was available. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

2 Likes

Remember when the Hero Recon Team customizer got an update coinciding with breakout? Here are some pics I found

Correct me if i’m wrong, but I don’t think update allowed you to order them

6 Likes

I think I may have made some heroes in the program once or twice, but I never actually bought them

4 Likes

Apparently you could only purchase 25 heroes

4 Likes

i made and bought one Recon hero.

his name was James the Shadow, and i still have his box too.

2 Likes

I did, but only once. I wasn’t satisfied with it and did not order any more.

2 Likes

I did, but only because I heard you could get a special edition silver chest plate (this was back in, like, January of 2011, and I didn’t know Bulk 3.0 would be released with one later that year). When I got my figure, not only did I not get the dual-molded chest plate, but I also didn’t even get a silver chest plate because the lighting on the program made the colors white and silver look near-identical. By the time I was able to design/order a second hero, my super old computer at the time apparently couldn’t handle a new update Recon Team had gotten, and I only got as far as the naming section. I never did get that dual molded chest plate…

But yeah, Recon Team was a nice service for the most part. It probably didn’t need to be as expensive as it was (considering the limitations for parts), but it was still a fun concept.

2 Likes

So you got a white chest plate? :stuck_out_tongue:

I just noticed on the bottom right of the backdrop for the HF tag that the jumpers are carrying incapacitated citizens to put in their lair :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Yep. It was the only piece of white on the entire thing.

2 Likes

I do remember using this once or twice, twas super finicky but neat.

2 Likes

Sorry for the super late reply, but… I never got a chance to even mess with the program, cool as it looked. I had limited computer access, being a kid at the time, and no funds.

That said, now that I have unlimited internet and some alright funds as an adult… would anyone who happened to get at least one of those dual-tone chest plates be willing to part with it? I can’t find a listing for that piece anywhere online.

2 Likes

I always wanted to recreate the main Merrick Fortis figure and order it, but I don’t remember why I never did it. I got one orange dude who I named Robert Claw Vision. All I remember is he had these 2 claw weapons and lots of spikes on upper arms, as of the 2012 villain creator I never got to play with it due to my laptop being very slow and I just couldn’t cope with it.

3 Likes