Dionysus, ultimate overlord of the Makuta

Right, NO WHERE in the competition does it say this is to do a G2 makuta. The amount of people I’ve seen banging on about how you need it to be gold and purple, or that it has to look like G2 makuta is driving me crazy haha

1 Like

Either way, some coloring would go a long way.

yes, but it was adapted for G2, using the Mask of Control and having several Corrupted G2 masks. it makes a effort to fit into G2.

I’ll reiterate what I’ve just said, there is nothing in the competition saying it has to fit into G2. And If only having the mask of control makes it fit intro G2, check the necklace out on my moc.

1 Like

I only got 3 letters for you: OMG!!!

1 Like

I probably should’ve said integrated instead of using. that feels rather tacked on. [quote=“TolerantAxe97, post:23, topic:27412”]
there is nothing in the competition saying it has to fit into G2
[/quote]

It’s just highly suggested in the contest video, with them showing models of G2 Makuta and all.

This isn’t going anywhere…

1 Like

So sticking the corrupted masks on and the Mask of Control(which this MOC has) makes it fit into G2? And this Contest allows both G1 and G2 pieces in it. It is not a G2 exclusive contest.

I like this MOC and don’t have any problem with it btw.

3 Likes

like I said, this tries integrates it, instead of what this is doing and tacking it on.

This feels like a circular argument…

Neither do I, I actually think its very creative

So are you trying to say that unless 1.) A moc is made based of a G2 character or 2.) Based off a G1 character and spiced up with a few G2 masks it has no chance of winning the contest?

pretty much how I feel too since your approval of “Controlled Sentience” is a contradiction of the logic of your previous statements.

So lets either stop or take this to the Lego contests topic do discuss this further since this has basically just turned into my opinion vs your opinion. I think that a new type of moc can win this contest while you think that a moc must be based off of a previous Makuta to win.

1 Like

I’ve never said this tho…

I’ve said that it tries to integrate it.

And yeah, if you feel like continuing, tag me in the Contest topic thingy.

I might as well clarify, in JtO Makuta was seen as sort of a “shadow cloud” in the first half. The MOC was based on a MoCo forming energy around it, taking the idea of a pseudo body formed from shadow. Makuta from G2 has been seen in a mostly shadow-consisted form.

2 Likes

Ah I see. I thought it was based of Makuta’s form from the end of MNOG(as seen here https://youtu.be/LSyjgC9V3yE?t=6m41s) Thanks for clarifying.

It originated as inspiration from that, but adapted into my own creation. All my point is that regardless of the inspiration it has one factor that applies to both G1 and G2; it’s a body of shadow.

1 Like

@TolerantAxe97 I was looking through the comments section of the Makuta contest and I don’t think that the cape on your moc will be allowed.

Someone asked "I have a question (and I’m not sure I’ve seen it asked yet), but can we use official Lego cloths? Like Kylo Ren’s cape, or Phasma’s cloak? Thank you for your time! "

And an admin responded "capes from LEGO sets are allowed, but please no custom made parts. "

Just trying to help you out.

2 Likes

Cool thanks bud, I mean I don’t see it in the official rules but if needs be I’ll ditch the cape

1 Like

Good job. The textures flow a lot better and I like the overall physique.

1 Like

Looks amazing

1 Like

This is amazing

1 Like

The size of this is quite impressive, it looks good. I’m a sucker for triple jointed legs this this really takes my fancy.
Overall I think this is a good moc

2 Likes

This technically summarizes my thoughts on the MOC - The build is straight 10/10, but everything else is just bland.

4 Likes