Do You Have A "Bad Taste In Music"?

In my school during music classes I sometimes asked the teacher to play a piece of music which I liked. Unfortunately my class mates didn’t like it as much and told me that I listened to ‘horrible music’.
Also one of them even dared to tell me that rock genre isn’t for girls. I wished to violate his face with my fist one time, but I controlled myself fortunately for him.
So I wanted to share this experience with you and I also hope to find out that I’m not alone on this.
;u;

18 Likes

People have said similar about me, because I like to listen to game/movie soundtracks, and can’t stand most recent songs.

10 Likes

Meh. Considering the masses listen to(what I would consider) junk music, I wouldn’t feel too ashamed.

As for the rock genre not being for girls thing, that’s a load of crap. If someone is so narrow minded that they think music is gender exclusive, they aren’t even really worth your time. Clearly, that individual didn’t know what he was talking about.

Honestly, were I told that my music sucks, I probably wouldn’t care any more than I care about what people think of other aspects of my personality. I don’t try to fit in; I just be me, and if someone takes issue with that, they can go -redacted- off.

So, if I were you, I wouldn’t worry about it. Chances are, your music tastes are fine.

10 Likes

Listening to music for enjoyment is still pretty new to me so I don’t have as much exposure to music good or bad as most of my friends. The only music I like that I would probably never let people know about is Cryoshell.

@DropletMagus wait you’re a girl?

Also I’ve never had the displeasure of having music I’ve liked been said to be ‘in bad taste’, then again I don’t listen to much pop and also I either like music other people like or keep it to myself

3 Likes

my mother likes Rock and so do a bunch of other girls I know, so that person’s just ignorant (Rock FTW)

I was told I have “bad taste in music” once, some idiot who thinks he’s gonna be a DJ and listens to dub-step all day

11 Likes

My brother thinks that chip tune is bad and that I’m wired for listening to it.

That’s a load of bologna.

Yeah, people have said that to me before. I listen to jazz and instrumental. I have somebody I play card games with and we usually play music. I let them play music 80% of the time, but I hear nothing but complaints when I play music. Maybe I don’t like the sound of metal in my ears…

10 Likes

Sometimes that meanie @Nyran tells me I have bad taste in music. I tell him he has bad taste in music, so it all works out in the end.

10 Likes

We’re pink floyd buddies, that’s all that matters. Oh yeah, I like them too. A lot :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I actually have a really close friend who refuses to consider anything besides classical and orchestral soundtracks “music”. I’m a big fan of Skillet and he doesn’t make an effort to sugarcoat his opinions. I think you can all guess where that leads…

Edited title -legomaster

3 Likes

I don’t mean to perpetuate the idea that you have horrid musical tastes as a whole.

It’s just I find it kinda hard to take you seriously when you tell me some of the FOB songs you like, as well as your passing interest in My Chemical Romance and the like.

I on the other hand, am so ashamed of my musical preferences, that I dare not tell any human being in real life.

There was a period of my life where I wore headphones every day for Junior Year of High school, and often I would find myself asked “What are you listening to?”

and I’d try to just nonchalontly say “Oh, nothin’ really, Insert subject change here

However,oftentimes a lot of it was just the fact that many folks I knew just plain wouldn’t get it.

I was deathly afraid of a convo going like:

“So, what are you listening to?”

“Sorairo days, the Main Theme from Gurren Lagann”

“What?”

Akward Silence

7 Likes

RIP Nyran’s hopes and dreams

3 Likes

By any chance, are your classmates First Graders who still think girls have cooties?

Because if this happens to not be the case, I’m afraid we’re facing a serious issue of a contaminated gene pool for future generations

In any case, to answer the question itself, the only one who has ever told me that my music taste is bad is myself because of my innate Vuhiiesque super edgy self loathing

11 Likes

Of course I have a bad taste in music; my taste just sucks slightly less than everyone else’s.

That’s my jam! Row row fight the power!

2 Likes

I’ve never been told I have bad taste in anything.

Probably because I don’t talk to people outside my immediate family and online friends.

4 Likes

that is exactly the same as me

No one tells me I have a bad taste in music, I’m the one who tells everyone they have a bad taste in music. Especially to my cousin, she thinks Dethklok isn’t brutal, so i went as far as to call her a heretic.

Your cousin seems pretty metal. What bands does she concider “brutal”?

Typical scene girl trash.
She’s gone as far as to say that Dethklok isn’t metal at all.