Do You Have A "Bad Taste In Music"?

Whenever anyone tells you:

"You have a BAD taste in music.

tell them:

OMG you can subjectively interpret someone’s subjective opinions and likings as being objectively positive or negative? You must be a wizard!

3 Likes

The industry has a bad taste in music.

8 Likes

No, but others do…:blush::kissing::wink:

3 Likes

Best response yet.

1 Like

Music is subjective and all, but if you unironically like the music in

I might just question your tastes…

3 Likes

###### I like blink-182

You are an awful human being.

/s

I still don’t see what’s wrong with that.
(I’m readying my shield, regardless)

I don’t like them that much, but that’s just because their music doesn’t appeal to me. I honestly don’t know why others like them.

1 Like

I like a lot of songs that are unpopular because I usually care more about the tune than the words. Very rarely do I like a song for its lyrics.

2 Likes

now I have the strangest taste in music ever.
I love punk, ska, thrash metal, groove metal, a little bit of rock, classic rock, gangster rap, and… ghost bc… just metal in general.
Favourite bands:
the specials, anthrax, ghost bc, pantera, GWAR, and the misfits (alice in chains too)

Same here…I’m aguy who likes Prince, The Rolling Stones, Justin Timberlake, The Offspring and some songs by Eminem. It’s very odd to me.

don’t even get me started on my guilty pleasures

These are the first six songs on my Spotify playlist.

I dunno, probably.

I don’t follow many bands, I like things on a song-to-song basis. Like I think “If today was your last day” is pretty good, while I don’t give a crud about Nickelback.

But I listen to stuff like Breaking Benjamin and Starset, as well as the Halo, Transformers and Gundam unicorn soundtracks.

Yes. I listen to rock music from the 80’s and everyone tells me to “get with the times” or “listen to good music.” Personally I tell them the second one, too.

My tastes lean towards more obscure genres of music - soundtracks, prog-metal and industrial metal especially. However, I’ve found that most people that listen to popular music (not just pop) are either open-minded toward music in general or don’t care one way or the other towards most music, and even on the internet I don’t hear a lot of complaints about the music I listen to as compared to what other fans of the music I like think about all other types of music.

I typically listen to music characterized by an underlying synth and drums, accompanied by a tune to fill the gaps. I have no idea what the genre is called, but Alias Conrad Coldwood does this best. He describes it to be a “sweet blend of electro hovering and rhythmic, sometimes fun and sometimes scary”.

Nobody ever knows who I’m talking about when I mention ACC.

Frankly, the only way someone can have a ‘bad taste in music’ IMO is if they’re unwilling to explore new stuff. I definitely used to be guilty of saying other people had bad tastes in music, but my tastes have definitely widened and matured, and I’ve realised that there’s good and bad in pretty much every genre there is. That’s just a fact.

As long as someone is willing to go out of their comfort zone and listen to styles they might not have thought of listening before (and that’s including a lot of the stuff that’s been derided in this thread for being ‘mainstream crap’), they have good taste in my books. You don’t have to like everything you listen to, but the moment you refuse to listen to something on principle because you don’t like the genre, you’re just depriving yourself of finding new music to enjoy.

2 Likes

I tend to not have a specific type of music i enjoy,so i’m guessing there will be a song or piece of music i enjoy that others would label as ‘bad’