Doctor Who Discussion Topic

I was kind of talking about how they would get bits and bobs here and there, like how the Ghostbusters are probably getting the Firehouse next year. :wink:

Clicks the link:
Yay pic…no…No…NO…NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (Imagine this in EgoRaptors voice btw)
Lego why?!?!
WHY U DU DIS?!?!
This set was gonna be awesome!!!
It was gonna have David tenant and Rose! (Maybe)
And even Tom Baker! (Maybe)
Now it is just the 12th Doctor (who I don’t mind) and FREAKING CLARA EMOTIONLESS OSWALD!!!
Sorry, I had to get that out, but I like the weeping angel and the 2 daleks, so those are good! Also the tardis design is cool, but I will definitely make a 11th Doctor and Amy Pomd and burning the Clara figure (not really).

2 Likes

it’s who is current. what so many people seem to forget is that every Lego set has to be accessible. This set is based on what’s on TV right now, so kids who just got into the series will see the set and recognize those characters. It works the other way too. Kids who get the set will tune in on Saturdays and see Clara and 12, just like in the set. Any other figures would be really confusing. (also, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an extra head + hair for 11)

On the set, it looks amazing. Interestingly, it looks like 12 just regenerated (based on both his and Clara’s outfits). The Daleks are awesome, the Angels are unexpected, and the TARDIS itself looks incredible! Both the exterior and the interior are FANTASTIC. I cannot wait to get my hands on this thing. I might even get two to get 12’s outfit twice (for easy Matt Smith customing). I mean, look at that parts usage! the Exo-Force arms as railing, the stud with a hole in it as a Dalek plunger, the way the console’s built. Not to mention the ingenious use of the Ninjago nunchuck piece as a Dalek eyestalk. Lego has truly outdone themselves.

6 Likes

Yes I totally get and agree with that, but Lego should also realize that there is a huge fan base for the older doctors who are also fans of Lego! It would be nice if Lego would acknowledge the adult/teen part of there fan base and make sets specific for them. And none the less this is a great set that I will definitely buy.

But the fact is that it’s not Lego’s job to do that.

and, as I observed before, this is 12 after regenerating. We could very well get 11’s head to swap out for 12

1 Like

Here’s the thing; TLG, as kind and shweet as they are, are still a for-profit company. They need to find out ways to lure people in, in this case, the newest Doctor.

Welp; It looks like I need to get the Dimensions Doctor Pack. :laughing:

That would be a dream come true; I loved Smith’s run.

1 Like

Yep I think most fans will do with this 12th Doc, including me :laughing: And I know they won’t do what I am asking, but I just wanted them to include like the 4th doctor cause I was really excited about it…

Sorry old post; this is more important:

My favorite Doctor… As a Minifigure… I is going to cry. :cry:

#No_Eyebrows

6 Likes

Wait! Is that like a real figure? Or just a picture

Real. All the reals.

1 Like

OMG YES!!! He is the best man

where’s it from?

plural’s_the_only_one_who_does_research

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/44

3 Likes

OMG IN HIS HAND!!! ITS A FEZ!!! Also the board says i ain’t descriptive enough so here is some extra text cause yah

60 bucks though… that’s a ton of money. is it really that big?

1 Like

Well, it’s definitely overpriced, due to the nicer instructions and boxes and License. :wink:

Buddy, that thing’s freaking 600+ parts! One of the best licensed price-per-part ratios we’ve seen in a while.

2 Likes

Yah… I didn’t see that until after I posted. :confused:

We also have Four Figs and two Semi-Figs. This is probably the best value we’ll ever have in an Ideas set.:smile:

3 Likes

Which incarnation of the Doctor (in your opinion) trumps the others?

Personally, I liked David Tennant, or the tenth one :smile:

Edited for Double Post - Waj. Please read this, thanks!

Same he is just the coolest.