Does anyone care about Chima anymore?

Ultrabuilds are neat

3 Likes

Well, technically speaking Nexo Knights had a worse TV Series than Chima did.

2 Likes

I’m HeRb HerBERtsON aND ThIS Is nEXo KnIgHTs

2 Likes

I still care about Chima from the perspective of being a Ninjago fan. I still think that, given the realm crossover, a lot about Ninjago lore can be reinterpreted in a fascinating way through the lens of Chima lore.

1 Like

No. I can never forgive for Chima for (partially) canceling Thundercats 2011.

Speaking of which, go watch Thundercats 2011. Similar concept, better execution.

I may get a lot of hate for this, but in retrospect, I like Chima a bit more than Ninjago to be honest.

4 Likes

I like Chima a lot more than Ninjago.

2 Likes

Chima had a lot stronger potential in concept because of 1. political relationships between tribes 2. magic, but in execution turned out to be Ninjago with animals or even less.

I still prefer the Chima sets over the Ninjago sets though.

2 Likes

There were some decent ones, but year three was a complete mess.

Ninjago was supposed to end in 2013, but due to the fact that it still continued, it ended up cannibalizing the budget of all the other LEGO themes that were running at that time (including Bionicle G2 and Chima), so I can get behind the reason why year three was “a mess”. Ninjago is to blame for that.

2 Likes

Wait, is that why you’re always talking about why you’re always talking how you don’t like Ninjago?

The LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu theme also possibly cannibalized the sales of the LEGO Castle theme of 2013 and 2014 (although I still do like the LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu/LEGO NINJAGO theme). #RIPLEGOCastle

3 Likes

So we can also blame Ninjago for killing off Castle for good? I’ll take that.

2 Likes

It’s true there; there was apparently too many in-house LEGO themes in 2013 and 2014. Can you guess which one is still around on store shelves, today?! The answer to that would be the one that cannibalized the sales of the other in-house LEGO themes that are no longer on store shelves.

2 Likes

Considering how the latest Ninjago wave is basically a watered down version of the Fantasy wave of Castle, that is actually quite possible.

2 Likes

I admit Chima didn’t have a huge impact on me, and I wasn’t interested in the story or anything, but I did really like some of the sets and minifigures.

2 Likes

Maybe some people still care about Chima. It is partially to blame for me becoming a furry and it seems to be that case for other furries as well.

3 Likes

I’d say I care about chima quite a bit

6 Likes

Actually, there is still a surprisingly very active community on Discord of about 400 members. Not a whole lot, but still something.

2 Likes