Eljay's new Miru

Right so now that Eljay has revealed the mask, I am free to say that I am the one that made it. I know one person was actually able to guess that I had made Eljay a new mask. So props to @Hafynx for getting that right.

To avoid stealing thunder from the finished product I will upload a WIP image now, and for each day of brickfair. As some of you know I am a 3D model maker. While listening to the podcast 2 months ago, they mentioned 3D printing. At that time I was working on modelling a Kanohi Miru. I mentioned this and that I could print Eljay a new mask in the comments. He got back to me and I went to work.

Here is the the 3D model ready to be printed.

And the and the assembled raw print.

153 Likes

Very nice! Much better than Eljay’s older mask.

6 Likes

Whoa, that’s really awesome.

2 Likes

Dude that’s super cool. Much cooler than the old cardboard one =P

6 Likes

Looks amazing

2 Likes

i can hear Eljay crying from here

seriously tho,this is gr8

17 Likes

@Eljay please use this.

1 Like

This is really awesome.

1 Like

Looks really neat!

1 Like

Link to video/post? (of Eljay revealing your mask)

1 Like

This is spectacular, much better than BOTH the current and old Miru. No offense Eljay.

3 Likes

Pretty accurate. Looks just like a life-size mask.

1 Like

Wow, that is really clean and sleek.

1 Like

Eljay told me that the onme I made was leagues better than what he had before.[quote=“War_of_the_Worlds, post:7, topic:27217, full:true”]
@Eljay please use this.
[/quote]

He already is, Its debut is at brick fair. The reveal image is here

read the above reply. it is a collage of the new finished mask along side the old ones.[quote=“SwagMeister, post:12, topic:27217, full:true”]
Pretty accurate. Looks just like a life-size mask.
[/quote]
It is a life size mask haha.

The finished version is even better you can see it in the link above. I will post another one of the WIP images later today.

5 Likes

If Toa and Matoran were real, they’d be asking for that mask.

3 Likes

Thank you for fixing the cardboard mess.

2 Likes

can you 3d print a banana for him too

1 Like

Call back!

1 Like

@Cyber-Hand Is there any chance that the models will be made available, possibly via shapeways or whatnot? I’ve wanted a Miru for myself long before TTV even was a thing, and this thing is the embodiment of that dream. Great work!

4 Likes

It would be very expensive to purchase one of these from shapeways at full scale. The raw print would probably cost as much as Eljay paid me for the complete mask. I am currently making another for myself, and here is that part yo might be interested in. I am planning to make a mold of the mask and create a fiberglass versions using the mold; it should be a bit cheaper than using shapeways. Only problem is the mold it self is quite expensive so enough people need to be interested and willing to pay for one for me to justify making it.If I can get 15 people willing to buy one then I can sell each mask from $75-$100.
The $75 would just be the fiberglass cast, which I will post to you in the mail.
For $90 I will add a Visor and for $100 I will line the mold with gold dust so that the surface of the mask looks and feels like metal.

7 Likes