Eljay's new Miru

I might just be a crazy person, but even when I’m looking for them, I just can’t see those issues…

2 Likes

I was thinking that it would make a really cool wall mounted light. It is what I was planning to do if I ever made an Avohkii.

It is not you it is me. I adhere strongly to the belief that you are your own harshest critique. If given the choice I would have continued to work on this mask till the end of time if Eljay hadn’t wanted it for brickfair.

5 Likes

That… would actually be really cool with the Avohkii. Like, exceptionally cool.

I just realized that no one has probly said this in the BIONICLE MU, because love isn’t canon, and therefore neither are cheesy breakups.

1 Like

Hey, I had this idea too! When I finally get around to making my life sized masks I plan on putting G2 style mask clips on them with magnets inset in the clips so that the masks magnetically attach to the straps. I figure wall mounted lights with the same magnetic clipping system would be a good storage system for the masks.

1 Like

Sorry I have no idea while I was never alerted me to your reply on this topic. Magnets are a neat idea, but from what I have learnt from eljay’s mask and playing aroun with magnets in other projects, they might not be strong enough to hold the mask to your head. Although they work great at holdtoo things together when they are being pulled apart, but the slide across each other quite well.

1 Like

Well, the way I figured, the magnets would be affixed in the top of a shallow dome-like structure, that would clip into a dip on the head peice, basically recreating the mask clip system of the G2 masks but reinforced with magnets.

2 Likes

@Cyber-Hand so scrapping my original request cause it was dumb.

Put me on the waiting list for one of these but I ask for the possibility of getting it in lime instead? And could it still retain a metallic look? I want it in lime to match my self MOC.

1 Like

Sorry I think there has been a glitch with this page. I am no longer getting notifications from it unless someone @ me. I will put you down for one when it is done. I will have to adjust the price to make use of paints rather than the metal dust which could cost you more in the long run. Since I have to do a black coat, a silver coat and then a candy lime coat. This could drive the price up by $30+. What were your previous ideas? I never got the chance to read them.

I wanted to have one made heavily built and modified so I can wear it while playing airsoft, then I realized that in no way could I look down sights or pretty much see at all through those eye holes.

1 Like

Yeah when I was wearing it around before I sent it to Eljay. I could not see anything below my shoulders. Visibility is terrible, I am surprised Eljay didn’t trip over every little kid that walked in front of him at brickfair…

2 Likes

Almost happened several times. Had to look around constantly. Totally worth it, though.

18 Likes

Dude, this thing is awesome!!!
You should start creating some more of these and sell them online.:+1:

Who is this guy, and why is he cooler than @Eljay ?

14 Likes

He is a tumblr user by the name of Ask Kanohi
And I agree Eljay needs to step up his game to be as cool as this guy. He even has shoulderpads and fingerless gloves.

8 Likes

I have several reaction gifs by him. He’s really funny.

Hey, it’s discount Eljay! They should find out if he’s going to brickfair so they can find him and have a Miru-tacular Bionicle trivia showdown.

He reminds me a lot of early Eljay, but that’s probably just because he’s a skinny white guy in a Miru…

holy crap that’s awesome

@Cyber-Hand I would love to get my own Kanohi Miru Mask, is there a place I can get one? Or the 3D CAD files or something?

1 Like

What happened to Cyber Hand?

3 Likes

you know, I was gonna say the same thing

2 Likes