Empire of Insects (signups)

I shouldn’t… I really shouldn’t. I’m gonna leave for a week long camp in like three days, and I’m starting my own RP when I get back. But I really love this concept…

Screw it.

Name: Goliath

Species: Rhino Beatle

(Due to the very specific nature of these rules please let me know if there’s some information I should put in other places)

Capabilities: Limited flight (can fly and lift heavy things while doing so. But not for very long periods of time or for any great distance) Very thick and durable carapace that can withstand most attacks, especially on the back, face, neck, and head. Wall/ceiling climbing (pretty obvious). Great strength, can lift or move heavy things, and hit hard, but can’t move very fast. Advanced digging, can burrow very fast through any soft or loose material (dirt, sand, ect) using hands and horn. Can switch between a bipedal stance with four arms, or a quadraped stance with two arms depending on the situation. Though mostly prefers a bipedal stance.

Appearance: Very large and generally intimidating appearance. His carapace is heavy and a dark black. His eyes are small and red. Large horns on his armored and shielded head (pretty much just like the picture). Six limbs. Bottom two are legs ending in feet. Top two are arms ending in hands. Middle two are sort of a half way between the other two. All six are big and powerful.

Bio: Goliath is a loyal guard to the royal family. His appearance is incredibly intimidating, but anyone who has talked to him for more than five minutes would know he’s extremely kind warm-hearted. He’s more than capable of ripping a common insect in half, but would never think of hurting an innocent. He isn’t afraid of a fight, but views it as a last resort kind of thing.

He never got to know any of the royals personally, but was devastated upon the emperor’s death. In this time of growing stress and conflict, he really isn’t sure who to really side with or trust. However this all ends, he really just hopes everything turns out okay.

Also quick question. What’s the scale of this world? Is this accurate sizing? Tiny creatures in a huge world? Or is everything scaled up to roughly human size?

If I were to stand next to a tree, would it be the size of a mountain or a tree?

2 Likes

Name:
Izbec
Species:
Gryllidae (Common Cricket)
Capabilities:
Being a Cricket, He can jump extremely quickly and rather far, though it can get tiring after a while. He can climb on walls, and also considers himself a rather good singer. While Izbec may not have had the best education growing up, he does possess rather quick wit as well as a good amount of knowledge pertaining to the layout of the Grales, and is by no means stupid. He is a formidable foe in combat, but tries his best not to rely on violence.
Equipment:
A small silver shoulder pad over his right arm, and a shoulder cape over his left arm to conceal an injury. He also has various straps running across his chest with a few pouches dangling off his back. As far as weapons go, he wields a long javelin with his can be thrown and is good for getting between cracks in armor. He also carries a sturdy short sword on his back that possesses great armor piercing capabilities.
Appearance:

*note that Izbec is missing his lower left arm, though the story of how he lost it varies from telling to telling, he also prefers to walk on two legs as apposed to four or six.
Bio/Personality:
Never knowing his father, Izbek grew up in the village of the Commonwealth. His mother worked at the Sand Tavern, and thus Izbec spent a lot of time there as a child, always captivated by the sensational stories told by the adventurers and bounty hunters who would come and go. Eventually, when he became of age, Izbek took up his weapons and set out by himself to the Capiol to make his own adventures and spin his own stories. While at the Capitol, Izbec found work as a hired sword, tracking down bandits, dealing with debtors, hunting criminals, ect. While he was a good fighter, Izbec became most well known for his knowledge of the Grales that had been passed down to through many a story. Eventually he was approached by a group called The Web Cutters, a small band of warriors, adventurers, and bounty hunters (about 10 in number) who were hired by the Emperor to hut down and kill Arachnids. The group needed someone who could act as their guide as they traveled through the Graels, and Izbec knowing this would be a fine way to add a few more stories to his collection jumped at the opportunity. Working with The Web Cutters took Izbec from the crime ridden underbelly of the capital, to the edge of the Great Forest. All the while Izbec chronicled the experiences he had, and trained in combat with his more skilled companions. Eventually the numbers of arachnids dwindled, and business began to get rough, and the group disbanded. Being a little past his prime, Izbec decided to work as guide to travelers making their way through the Commonwealth, always eager to recount his stories to those who would listen. When not working, Izbec could almost always be found at the Sandy Tavern, with a tankard in one hand telling a tale of daring adventure or singing a ballad filled with romance to a host of listening ears gathered round. Though since the untimely death of the Emperor, Izbec decided to head back to the Capitol to look for work, knowing that in times like these a hired sword could find work easily; he is mostly indifferent to the Emperors death. Izbec is a friendly and talkative bug, but despite his jovial nature he can be a deadly warrior if he has to be. And while he is definitely not the toughest bug a live, he usually seems to always get out of sticky situations either by the the help of others or his own quick wit, but he just claims it’s cause he’s the luckiest bug alive. He’s always in search of new adventure, and loves to tell his sensational stories, which he swears are in no way embellished.

Welp. that’s my signup, sorry it’s so dang long, and if you have any problems with it, let me know. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Question:

Would you accept Anton if I were to rework him into a solitary ant that was separated from his colony long ago and is a foreign traveler to Grales? And I could even change his species too if you think he isn’t powerful enough.

that’s biologically impossible

when an ant is separated from the hive it will either
1.die
2.(and this only happens if there’s still a percentage of the hive with it) march in an endless circle until it dies

1 Like

S̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶i̶p̶e̶d̶a̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶e̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶e̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶s̶

And I have referenced from multiple sources. Including this:

Also, the outcome probably depends on the species and how they function.

My idea was that Anton was separated from his colony, so now he’s an aimless wandering warrior, travelling from land to land in search of his lost colony. And eventually he winds up in Grales along the journey.

His arc would sort of be a “Are you my Mommy?” Scenario.

I guess it could be kinda both funny and wholesome with a partner character, If only there was a character that could fit that niche.

did you have an idea?

More just a funny coincidence than anything

Here we go…[quote=“Jcton, post:64, topic:49830”]
The Snow Ant’s main food source is other insects, such as ants or termites.
[/quote]

Uh, if I were your teacher I would have called foul here. Termites are almost as resourceful as ants are, and any attempt to eat a member of their species would probably result in the death of the predator some short time later.[quote=“Jcton, post:64, topic:49830”]
which he uses break the armor of his prey or enemies
[/quote]

I don’t see Lux having the strength to crack anyone’s exoskeleton except maybe other ants and smaller insects. Yes, be can lift things twice his weight, but anyone he’d really end up fighting is going to be quadruple that at least.

Also why do all the characters feed primarily off other insects I thought I was trying to avoid that[quote=“MaximusPrimal, post:65, topic:49830”]
Beatle
[/quote]Ah[quote=“MaximusPrimal, post:65, topic:49830”]
What’s the scale of this world? Is this accurate sizing? Tiny creatures in a huge world? Or is everything scaled up to roughly human size?
[/quote]

The great forest is massive, but scaled much closer to human scale. If man-made objects ever find their way into the RP, they’d be scaled to insects, AKA rather big.[quote=“MaximusPrimal, post:65, topic:49830”]
Goliath
[/quote]

Approved.[quote=“TheMOCingbird, post:67, topic:49830”]
and also considers himself a rather good singer.
[/quote]

Finally, some good character traits

the what now[quote=“TheMOCingbird, post:67, topic:49830”]
Izbec
[/quote]

Approved. Another flawless profile, well done.[quote=“L.O.S.S-KAL, post:69, topic:49830”]
march in an endless circle until it dies
[/quote]

I’ve heard several accounts of this sort of thing happening. Sorry, but a random ant isn’t going to make it in, no matter how tough he is.

1 Like

Hm. Honestly I would have prefered an insect scale world with no human objects, but this works too.

Awesome! Out of curiosity, what do you think of the character?

but that’d make the different terrains incredibly difficult, and the world way to massive

2 Likes

but stuff like rain or snow would have been serious threats, and to me at least that would have been pretty interesting.

It would also have made the world more interesting.

1 Like

Not especially perfect, but definitely in line with the Holos. If LossKal ever makes his Hercules beetle character it’d be interesting to see different views of the emperor and the Holos from rhino beetles both inside and outside of it.

This is entirely assuming that his character would theoretically not be part of it but I’m not trying to design his character for him

but stuff like rain or snow would have been serious threats,
[/quote]

And would absolutely devastate the Commonwealth, negating the existence of farms.

1 Like

@Ghid what about Sharothe?

Also, is magic going to be a thing in this world?

I’m sure alchemy and a bit of rudimentarychemistry probably would, given the medieval setting. I had an idea for a scientist-type character who had an alchemical profession, but I’m not sure how keen Ghid is on the idea.

Okay. I was developing an idea for an amnesiac wind mage dragonfly,

Another question which might or might not have been already answered, I couldn’t pay too much attention: is this supposed to happen to the actual scale of the insects (aka the empire is incredibely small) or is this happening on an Earth populated by anthrotomorphic insects?
Subsequently, how advanced is this world? Do we have basic technology? Is it placed in a medieval-esque world? I am asking from a technological point, as I got that this world is based on old Japan.

@Ghid second big question. How much of this wad inspired by Hollow Knight?

1 Like

Renaissance era minus gun powder

1 Like