End of the Gilded Age - RP Topic

Gideon took the opportunity to take a seat next to the odd fellow. “Pecan pie.” He turned towards Hedvig. “Your first time in New York?”

Hedvig turns slowly, looking at the stranger before putting up a smile, “Yeah, first time for everything, eyy.” He says cheerfully, “Love travelling however, my wife isn’t to happy about my abscense but you know ladies… its always something. Am I right?” He continues as he inspects the stranger, “Do I know you from somewhere? You look familiar…” he concludes.

A slice of pecan pie is taken out from a glass case, and given to you. Money is exchanged, and you are rewarded with the pie.

“The train.” Gideon smiles. “That was quite a ruckus back there.”

He crushed the tip of the pie with a spoon. “You’ve got a lot of guts to put on the kind of show you did, I must say. What’s your name?”

Confused Hedvig sat there observing the man he had never mentioned a train to him. After taking another sip from his beer he said, “Yeah, well thanks, jusy did what I felt I had too.”

He then turned to Gideon again, “Now that priveleged information, I will need your name first.” He answered his request for a name.

The Gubslinger stepped off of the train, his boots hitting the ground with a loud thud.

1 Like

Gideon tipped his hat slightly. “Gideon Gold, Virginia, 1860. And you?”

Richard stepped off the train, his rifle in it’s gun bag, in one hand, and his suitcase in the other.

“I’m Hedvig Windshire, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He says with cheer.

“So what brings you all the way to New York?” He took a bite of his pie.

“Adventure, the joy of travelling, how 'bout you travel much?” He replies in a still very happy manner.

“Never traveled much at all.” Gideon took another bite of pie. “Y’see, I’m a fellow with some… Unusual talents.”

2 Likes