Escape from Whitegate(RP topic)

You may not want to help me, but little do you know that you’re still helping me even if you’re not on my team.” The Shadow King said.

#“all around you things crumble and decay, like a sand pile in a maelstrom, you have lost allies and friends. all because of a shadow.”

“Where are you? Who are you? Show yourself!” Michael angrily demanded.

#“dense as always”

“What do you want?!” Roared Michael.

#“a question many petulant children have asked. i’m more interested in your goals however.”

“Good. At least we do not have to fight each-other then.” Michael said.
“But what specifically are you after?”

#“knowledge, peace, silence.”

“And just how do you think we can achieve that?”

#“you must grow up, heed the warnings of the deathless and put away these childish ideals of winning wars without death.”

“You don’t get it. Even if I wanted to, I can’t kill The Shadow King. It’s impossible. He Literally is a shadow. Just because I have the power to create something, it doesn’t mean that I still also have the power to destroy it.”

#“what is a shadow but the image of something cast in light…a shadow needs light lest it be consumed by entropy.”

“But the Shadow King is not a normal shadow. He is a living, 3-dimensional construct. And if There were no light, then The Shadow King would be the most dominant being and force in the Multiverse.” Said Michael.

@Traykar
The guards watched Empress closely from outside her cell.

#“that is incorrect, you see a shadow needs light without light it becomes aimless. it doesn’t want to destroy the light, it wants to weaken it, smother it so that it can be easily controlled.”

“But how do we get rid of the light?”

#“turn off a lamp and someone will turn it back on. shatter the bulb and it’s much harder.”

Michael thought for a moment.
“…Who are you, anyway?”
@L.O.S.S-KAL

#“many things: peace, the void, entropy, death. and i have become a collection of these concepts. i am the cold fires that burn at reality leaving naught but a gentle cold emptiness. i, my dear archangel am the collect.”

1 Like

Michael’s eyes widened, realization dawning upon him as the dots connected in his mind. Everything all made sense now.
But that shock was soon replaced by feelings of confusion, and even slight resentment.

“You…where have you been for the past Aeons?!” Michael demanded, jabbing a finger at the disembodied air which spoke to him.

“We all thought you were dead, possibly even killed! we even mourned your loss! Why did you just disappear without a trace, and without telling us? Where have you been doing, and where were you when The Xir’algath nearly destroyed The Multiverse?! Twice!” He shouted, overwhelmed by his many questions.
@L.O.S.S-KAL

#“learning and building. also why mourn me, i practically never interacted with you.”

1 Like