Ever Met a Bionicle Fan By Surprise?

Basically exactly what it sounds like. Has anyone had the fortune of meeting someone, then finding out later that they were also a Bionicle fan? Feel free to share it below.

1 Like

Once at my Bricks and Minifigs, I met this Bionicle fan. This was around the time G2 ended, and we talked about that TTV JTO coverage episode. 'Twas nice.

2 Likes

I had a few friends who I didn’t even know shared an interest in LEGO. Next thing I knew, they were showing me their Bionicle collection and MOCS.

3 Likes

I meet two of my best friends because one of them was sitting around playing Mask of Creation after gym.

I actually met one of my best friends because of Bionicle. I was drawing Lewa Phantoka during an indoor recess in elementary school, and he liked the picture. Ten years later and we’re still close friends.

I actually met my best friend because we both liked Bionicle, and we still are friends despite a 5 year age gap.

1 Like

Effin never, only person who I do know that likes bionicle is Frostbyte and when we started to talk about what we liked when we first met, boom, bionicle.
Only other is another friend who lives farther from me and I’m pretty certain I got him into em, knew him for years before I moved.

I think I met @Calebmar12 before I knew he was into Bionicle.

A similar thing also happened with a couple other mutual friends, although they where “fans” to a much lesser degree.

1 Like

Once, I went to this kid’s house and to my surprise he was a massive bionicle fan.

I believe this is indeed true

1 Like

I’ve never met a bionicle fan in person :frowning:

We’re both unfortunate.

Although I have been made fun of for being a bionicle fan. I don’t know if That counts

I go to church and scouts with a few kids who know of BIONICLE and even have a few sets. But I’d use the term “fan” very loosely in regards to them.

I love Bionicles! Yeah I’ve got the green one!

1 Like

I met some people, @Toa_Hakaatu and @Toa_Mohio then learned they were Lego fans who liked the bionicle line but didn’t do much in terms of buying sets. That changed when we started having money and eBay accounts.

After a three hour band practice, my friend was showing me a silver Akaku Nuva he found in his car, and then a fellow trombone walked by and said, “Hey, is that Bionicle?”

2 Likes

One of my best friends said so while we were playing Halo. He wasn’t a huge fan, but hey, it was better than nothing.