Favorite Matoran Type

2003 Matoran or McToran take the cake for me.

They just seem so…Army-buildable. I love it.

3 Likes

If protectors are counted

protectors

If not
Either the metrutoran, or the 2003 matoran (never got 03 :C)

4 Likes

I personally like the 2007 Mahri matoran. They were pretty cool and had some wonderful recolors.

2 Likes

I actually really liked the Av-maHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In all seriousness, Mahritoran were really cool.

2 Likes

Agreed. That Keetorange Kiril though…

2 Likes

…Is a good looking mask.

2 Likes

I know. That was my point in highlighting it.

2 Likes

My two favorites? Mahritoran and the 2003 Matoran. I have all of the Matoran from 2003, but I never got Dekar and Defilak from the Mahritoran. I did get Karzahni, so I got Sarda and Idris, and I thought they were pretty cool.

The Mctoran were cool, but very simple and lacked poseability.

1 Like

My favorite are Matorans of Mata Nui (2003). I just like that they combine some elements of Tohunga, some element of Toa and their own elements - just a nice mix. These guys were more articulated than Toa, and that was cool, not for Toa, but still. I just don’t really like loose torsos because of functions (but it is easy to fix with blue pins) and lack of colored eyes. It was also strange to not include any Le- and Onu-Matorans. It’s a shame that we miss Nuparu, Kongu and Onepu here, and can’t even moc them properly without recoloring pieces with paints.
I also like Metru Nui Matorans. They are really solid and iconic looking to me at some point. They have some nice colors and proportions and don’t look that invalid and clumsy as some other versions. But I don’t like neck articulation, it’s weird, nice for MNOG talking imitation only which is not for Metru Nui.

2 Likes

Anything between the 03 matoran and the 07/ Mahritorans, mainly cause they look good and looked varied

The Mctoran are the best, in my opinion. After them, probably the 2003 Kolhi Matoran. And then the Protectors. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, Tohunga are awesome how charming they are.

2 Likes

I like the Kardatoran for their personalities and Ga-Matoran or Vo-matoran because I like those elements

The '03 Matoran :wink:

if protectors are included, forget this, protectors for both.

2 Likes

The dead type.

Nah, I like the Mctoran and Metrutoran a lot.
Though, Av-Matoran ain’t Galidor set bad imo.

3 Likes

My favorite Matoran were the Agoritoran of 2009.

1 Like

I like the Mahritoran but I like all other Matoran sets (even though I only have two Av-Matorans and an Agori, please don’t kill me)

I personally don’t really like Av Matoran or Agori due to their blocky construction. The same could be said about Tohunga, but those were promo, and charming little guys, so that doesn’t really count.
It is not that interesting to me to just click few parts together and get a final figure, not that much of constructor there. I also don’t like Av Matoran and Agori head types.

2 Likes

your puny joke saddens me.

5 Likes