Favourite Barraki!

Since polls are a thing now, I figured I’d make one for our beloved undersea underdogs of 2007

• Kalmah
  • Ehlek
  • Pridak
  • Takadox
  • Mantax
  • Carapar
  • Nocturn

0 voters

3 Likes

From a set perspective, I’ve always enjoyed what Mantax had to offer. He manages to take the Inika torso and work it into a design that’s not inherently humanoid. I also love how he pulls of his established animal motif- a Ray- making for a cool use of Carapar’s chest armor.

2 Likes

Set wise, Carapar is my favorite due to him being my only Barraki, but character/story wise, Takadox is my favorite.

1 Like

I feel like a lot of these topics are basically just “what’s your favorite color?”

The Barraki aren’t clone sets though and they have personalities to boot

2 Likes

Yeah, but they all have kinda janky builds, and most people like the ones they liked as kids, which are generally whatever one was their favorite color.

@Matanui606 Actually I voted for Ehlek when the first barraki I got was Pridak. Ammited Pridak isn’t that great but I still have nostalgia for him though Ehlek always appealed to me more, even though I never owned him.

2 Likes

I did say most, there are exceptions to every rule.

2 Likes

Even gravity?

Yes my friend, let me introduce you to quantum mechanics…

3 Likes

So my dream of flight is possible?

1 Like

Nocturn was not a Barraki warlord

Probably Takadox and Ehlek set wise, but Mantax for its personality.

My least favorite is Pridak, as the set has that stupid flippidy floppidy waist.

######also what’s up with all the polls?

2 Likes

Sure if you’re a tiny particle over an infontismaly small amount of time.

It’s a fad. Like when the boards updated to allow GIF avatars everyone had to have one, and now they’re just commonplace.

2 Likes

Just use the new thicker HF socket or take a socket from an old set you haven’t posed in a while; they tend to be stiffer

I shall choose to pronounce my favorite Barraki’s name in the may it should be.

4 Likes

It shouldn’t be hard to guess who I voted for :stuck_out_tongue:

Granted, my choice is kinda less about his character and more about what he represents from a meta perspective (if you’ve seen my comment in the “RIP Bionicle 2k16” thread or whatever, you’ll know what I mean), but he genuinely is a good set. Maybe not #1 among the Barraki, but definitely a contender.

1 Like

pridak needs more votes

The fact that it’s fixable with other pieces doesn’t mean there’s no issue with the set though.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly my first Barraki was Kalmah and I love him as I always had a liking for squids but Takadox is also up there together with Ehlek… hmm… I think I will have to go with Kalmah this time.

Man tax needs more votes

2 Likes