Favourite Movie/Game Soundtrack

For games, my favourite soundtracks are from The Elder Scrolls and Ace Combat series. Such epic music.

As for movies, I would have to say The 13th Warrior and The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Movies: Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian, Ben-Hur, Superman (1978), Star Wars, Star Trek, Braveheart, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Princess Bride, Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Goldfinger, Highlander…that’s probably enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

Games: Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age.

2 Likes

Movie, I’d say The Hobbit.

Game? Well, I’m not much of a gamer, you see. The only game I’ve played with a soundtrack is Civilization V, and the music in that is just a bit too ambient for my liking, so I have it muted.

(Well, you see, I say I’m not much of a gamer, but when it comes to Civilization V, my friend and I have stayed up until six in the morning.)

(and then the game crashed and we lost our save)

2 Likes

How did I not comment about this before? Anyway, here it goes:

Star Wars
Halo
Tron

I think that most of my favorite movies/games/franchises have soundtracks that I really like. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Movies
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Interstellar
Star Wars
Dark Knight Trilogy
Games
Arkham City
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (main theme only)

Movies:
Star Wars
Interstella 5555
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Gravity

Games:
Mass Effect series
Dragon age series
Journey
Assassins Creed series
Transistor

1 Like
  • Movies/TV Shows

Inception is the one I listen to probably the most. Dream Within A Dream, Time, Dream is Collapsing, Mombasa, all of them are perfect. I loved how Hans Zimmer used Edith Piaf’s Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien as the basis for the entire soundtrack; it’s one of the best ideas I’ve seen executed and really ties the movie narrative and the soundtrack together. Time I want played at my funeral.
The Dark Knight Trilogy has some good tracks, although they’re mostly repeats of the general A Dark Knight theme. Except for Rises, which has Gotham’s Reckoning in it, which I adore. Although, I quite prefer the Nokia trailer version over the actual one included in the soundtrack.
Interstellar is also great. I’m a huge fan of Mountains.
Lord of the Rings overall has a fantastic lineup that’s very mythological, fantastical and Celtic inspired at the same time.
Pirates of the Caribbean is fun and quirky and weird, just like it’s main character. I also quite fancy Singapore.
The Social Network is what I listen to when I have a hard time with the forum server. In Motion, Intriguing Possibilities, Painted Sun in Abstract and Pieces Form the Whole are my mains. When I get really angry or decide to do something devious, it’s Magnetic.
Game of Thrones has the best intro song ever. Also, all the character themes. And who are you, the proud Lord said, that I should bow so low…
Breaking Bad is very dark and methodical. Also a great intro song. Hisenburg especially is something I listen to a lot.
Red vs. Blue has utterly amazing tracks, both by Trocadero and Jeff Williams. Bloody Mary Mix, Daydream No. 9, First Wave, Another One Down and Contact are great ones by the former, Agent Tex, Plagnam Extremam Infligere, The Pelican has Landed, Extraction, Round 1/Bullfight, Maniacs, Pelican Cruise/Infiltration, Falling Towards the Sky, Sharkface/Rooftop, Hell’s Angel, Spiral, and oh so much more from the latter.
RWBY is a fantastic show with fantastic music and you should listen to it all. Everything is great. Everything.
Firefly has some bloody amazing folk, so much so that it has it’s own “Firefilk” subgenre. Definitely check it out.

Games will come later because yeah.

2 Likes

(Note: The links are to various example tracks [A.K.A. my favorites])

(Another Note: These are arranged in no discernible order, meaning, what is at the top is not necessarily my favorite.)

(One Last Note: There are multiple links in some of the listings.)

Movies:
The LEGO Movie,
Pacific Rim,
Star Trek (2009),
Transformers,
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (1993),
Godzilla (2014),
Godzilla vs Destoroyah,
Godzilla vs Biollante,
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (1974),
Gojira,
Gamera: Guardian of the Universe (and the other two Heisei films),
Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack,
Godzilla x Mechagodzilla,

My favorite Video Game soundtracks will be put in another post, because, well, look at the Great Wall of Links above.

I like “Tron: Legacy” soundtrack by Daft Punk. It is really lively and recognizable. Not much movies today have soundtrack that would make an atmosphere correct.
And I love “Sword & Sworcery LP - The Ballad of the Space Babies” by Jim Guthrie. It’s awesome!

2 Likes

MOVIES

The Hobbit- Misty Mountains: I don’t know, something about this song really fits the overall tone of the film and has a sense of suspense and adventure, though with an edge of mystique

BIONICLE movies (except TLR): Nathan Furst, you are incredible, each track hits not only the overall tone and pace of each film (WoS’s having a slightly darker edge) but emphasizes the mystique and sense of adventure each of the films had.

VIDEO GAMES

Every song in Metal Gear: One of the reasons I love Metal Gear is its phenomenal soundtrack, the theme of the first two entries in Solid really emphasizing stealth and espionage though with a grander feel too. Snake Eaters theme captured the overall time frame of the game well by having a 60’s esq spy flick feel and the lyrics portray Snake’s devotion to The Boss. Metal Gear Saga (can be heard at the end of MGS4) has a very climactic and militaristic tone which is executed perfectly, especially tracks such as Father and Son or The Best Is Yet To Come. Lastly, Nuclear, has a sense of loss and revenge that matches Big Boss’s character in MGS5

Sonic Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes, and 06’: Without a doubt, one of the greatest aspects of Sonic is the fantastic soundtracks. Adventures theme, Open Your Heart, gives you a felling of intense speed and rush of energy, while the more intense final boss themes Live And Learn and What I’m Made Of have a very climactic feel. And Sonic 06’ though not the greatest in the franchise (meh at best) still had a wide assortment of music genres to fit each levels environment.

TF2: Taking place in the 60’s to early 70’s, the music here captures the time frame perfectly. Much like Snake Eater, it too has a spy esq feel with its soundtrack, though more actiony. Just listen to the Theme and Medic! to see for yourself. Also give ROBOTS! and The Calm a listen to.

I really liked the Castle Crashers soundtrack. I feel like Field of Champions would make a good song to play at a high school or college sports event.

1 Like

just like the title says what movie has the best soundtrack personally I am leaning towards lord of the rings or star wars only the original trilogy

I’d say all the Star Wars movies have amazing soundtracks. But I think almost any soundtrack by John Williams is good.

Pacific Rim

ok bye now

3 Likes

Star Wars…

My reasoning: Star Wars.

3 Likes

YOUR ALL WRONG!!! /s I think Guardians of the Galaxy! And I know your asking why but, do you like piña-coladas? And getting caught in the rain? :laughing:

1 Like

Star Wars, even people who don’t know Star Wars know Star Wars music

second place would be LoTR

4 Likes

That’s a though question, with there being so many great soundtracks. Both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings as mentioned have great soundtracks, and then there’s John Williams being godlike and makes every score excellent.

One of my personal favourites however has to be the soundtrack from The 13th Warrior, really epic and definitely adds to both the general tone of the movie as well as giving off a great Viking vibe (I have a strong love for pretty much anything that has with Vikings to do).

(Some of the pictures towards the end of the video do carry some spoilers, just as a heads up)

2 Likes

Any score John Williams has done for a movie

1 Like

Terminator 2 or starwars (imperial march).