Favourite Movie/Game Soundtrack

Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Guardians of the Galaxy top my list.

Chappie i guess

Pirates of the Caribbean

AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS WRONG

I won’t /s

Any love for Jerry Goldsmith? He did Alien, several Star Trek movies, Total Recall, Hoosiers, the Rambo movies, Secret of NIMH, Mulan, Patton, Planet of the Apes, and plenty of other great scores.

2 Likes

ummmm maybe a little

1 Like

Xenoblade Chronicles, Kid Icarus, and Halo are also great.

and since it’s already copied anyway…

Also this. So. Much. This.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl had pretty a pretty great soundtrack.
Like, listen to this:

Fire Emblem: Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, The Legend Of Zelda games, and Super Mario Galaxy also apply here, but they’ve been said before here.

I haven’t seen that many movies, but my favorite score have to be from anything composed by mah boi John Williams.

1 Like

How about all of them?

The newer ones>The older ones IMO

1 Like

Fair enough.

Helps that it’s composed of “the best of” a lot of other soundtracks.

3 Likes

How have I not found this topic?

Here:

This topic needs more Persona

1 Like

Here we go, a year later.

The Legend of Zelda has some of the greatest musical themes in the history of video games. They’ve been remixed back and again a ton of times, because Koji Kondo is an absolute master at creating masterful, simple yet iconic themes. There are so many songs in Ocarina of Time - and they’re almost all instantly recognizable.

• The Main Theme, of course - but Wind Waker’s Legendary Hero has the best intro, in my opinion.
  • Hyrule Field is a general must have, but Twilight Princess’ has the best melody, in my opinion.
  • The Wind Waker has so much to offer. The main title, the Great Sea theme, Dragon Roost Island, Molgera.
  • Spirit Track’s main overworld theme is a great intro.
  • All of Ocarina of Time’s songs, so much so that I just can’t bring myself to show every one of them that I love. Instead, I will link my favorite medley from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which I think has the best Saria’s Song remix ever.
  • And of course, Skyward Sword’s Ballad of the Goddess was amazing.

Super Mario Bros. has the most iconic theme, I believe, in video game history. But a lot of my favorites come from Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy. The latter has probably the best symphonic arrangements I remember being in one video game. It’s a masterpiece.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater has the best Bond song that wasn’t a Bond song, as well as the Main theme, Battle in the Base, and Snake vs. Monkey. It’s also my most listened to soundtrack from a game that I’ve never actually played.

Ace Attorney. Do not get me started on the soundtrack from all of these games, all of the investigation and court and interrogation and objection themes and all of the remixes therein.

And some other one-hit wonders that I would hate to miss:

There was a time where all I listened too was video game soundtracks. I’ve since tried to better myself on my music career.

3 Likes

Favorite Soundtracks…

-Searchs the list-

Here we go:

• The Elder Scrolls series
  • Fallout series
  • MEdiEviL 1 & 2
  • Crash bandicoot 1, 2, 3, tWoc and Twinsanity
  • Assassin’s Creed 1, 2, BH, RE and 3
  • Castlevania Curse of Darkness
  • Castlevania Lament of Innocence
  • Castlevania Symphony of the night
  • Age of Empires 2 & 3
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
  • The Witcher 2 & 3
  • MNOG Ost
  • Terraria
  • Starbound
  • Doom 1 & 2
  • Dark Souls 1 & 2
  • Legacy of Kain Series
  • The last of us
  • Metal Gear Solid (Except MGSV Ost, i didn’t liked it)
  • Silent Hill Homecoming
  • Resident Evil series
  • Fable 1 & 2

My singular favorite:

Currently, my favourite soundtrack is the Deadpool soundtrack. The songs by Junkie XL are great, as are the licenced songs in there. ^-^

do anime count?

because honestly if I had to listen to only one soundtrack playlist until the rest of forever, I would choose this

1 Like

Star Wars, Lego Star Wars complete saga, and Avengers 1.

Watchmen, Skyrim, Fallout, Star Wars Republic Commando, the list goes on