Fire Emblem Topic

It’s a beautiful game.

(Someday I’ll play the final third of that)

I’m probably capable of beating classic hard right now, but not without killing a bunch of people. So I’m playing normal classic at the moment just so I can get to meet the characters for the first time. Second time will probably be a hard playthrough, probably also abusing spotpass to make sure I’m never out of units and XP.

Well. We just got shown a remake of FE2, FE Warriors, a mobile game, and hints of a new main game in the next two years.
The hype has been re-engaged.

3 Likes

February 2nd hype bois
also daaaaang FE Echoes is only two months away

1 Like

I haven’t posted here? Alright.

I’m a fairly long time fan. Played Awakening back in '14, played Fates at launch, have al three routes of that. Also own both FE7 (Blazing Sword) and FE8 (Sacred Stones), having completed both of those. I’m also currently playing FE6 (Sword of Seals), FE4 (Genealogy of the Holy War), and FE12 through translation patches.

My favorite game definitely Blazing Sword. Hector is best lord. As for the newer, more controversial titles…

Awakening is okay. Characters are good, but the level design is boring, and the plot is pretty bad after the first act. Especially the villains.

Conquest is fun, but the plot is utter garbage. Birthright is okay, but didn’t do much with the formula. Revelation is also okay. I’m in the minority that think it was alright (most people though it was terrible), though it was kinda a missed opportunity IMO.

Edit: Also, Hector is best lord.

I have to agree with this. For what it’s worth, Revelations was okay, but we definitely could’ve gotten something better. Scarlet’s death in particular was very poorly handled. The child DLC (whose name escapes me at the moment) was pretty top tier though.

Heirs of Fate was pretty fun, but if you ask me, there shouldn’t have been children in this game. Nothing wrong with the characters specifically, but they had no real reason to be there outside of pandering to the Awakening fandom.

Heirs of Fate was the only good thing to come out of the child system. Midori, Shiro, Siegbert, and Shigure are the only good Kidd out of the lot. Hisame and Kana were especially disappointing.

I like female Kana, but male Kana is very boring, I will agree.

1 Like

Well I’m currently in the middle of FE: Heroes (my first Fire Emblem game pls don’t judge meh)

1 Like

it keeps crashing for me and i don’t know why

Haven’t heard of it crashing for anyone. Hm.

Anyway JUSTGIVEMEROYALREADTPLSGAME!

1 Like

What happened to Dorcas?
Also has anyone played warriors yet?

Three Houses looks fun. The best part is it seems to be its own thing instead of rehashing Awakening.

Are these any good? I’ve never played one and I’m not really into Japanese style games, but I do love Nintendo, and the Legend of Zelda is one of my all time favorite series. I also do prefer European Medieval to Fuedal Japan, so are these games super Japanese, or, like I’ve been told, do they blend the styles?

play the gba games they’re really good
for the love of all that is gamer don’t start with awakening and fates
shadows of valentia is also very cool and good

I was more interested in the earlier games anyway. Any platforms they still run on or am going to have to find myself a Gameboy.

literally just use an emulator
if not i’m p sure some original ds’s have ports for gba games, not sure

The first two DSs did. Maybe I’ll check for an emulator. Amy you can recommend?

There’s a chance you could find Shadow Dragon (for Nintendo DS), which is based on the very first game (NES).

But I think the GBA games (Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones, plus Binding Blade which was never translated into England) are more polished. Blazing Sword was the first game I played… which I should go back and finish someday.

1 Like

Alright, after doing some research I’ve discovered that Falchions are a pretty big deal in this universe, but then I saw this…

This, this is not a falchion. A falchion is a single edged medieval blade, like this.

This really boils my blood. The one thing that makes a falchion stand out is it’s single edged blade. The Fire Emblem sword, that’s a rapier with a overdone crossguard. Would we please stop marketing the falchion as, whatever that thing is?