Five Nights at Freddy's series

Favorite: Probably original Bonnie; something about his design (and of the original animatronics in general) still just really appeals to me.
…Or maybe Phantom Freddy for his saxophone skills.

Least Favorite: I dunno, possibly Nightmare. To me, he’s just too much like an EDGY BLACK RECOLOR of Fredbear (even though I know he’s semi-transparent and stuff), and I just never felt like he really needed to be there - as opposed to pretty much every other animatronic in the games, which I’ve always felt had a purpose for the most part.
That and his jumpscare is abysmal. Like, it’s not even scary, it just gives you this feeling of disappointment that you’ve failed to complete the night yet again. And then crashes the game. Which was way cooler back when it wasn’t the only possible jumpscare for an animatronic that you are guaranteed to face repeatedly before you finish the game.

Okay, wow, that turned into more of a Nightmare-bash-fest than I intended. Sorry, Nightmare fans!

3 Likes

Springtrap is most certainly my spirit animatronic.

As I’ve mentioned before, I found the victims’ final vengeance quite poetic. Springtrap being the direct outcome of that, it’s only natural that he’s my favorite. He’s finally giving a face to the man responsible for the whole travesty, and it sure isn’t pretty. He finally embodies and suffers for what he is.

Also, he’s the only animatronic(including the nightmares) that legitimately scared me. Something about the decayed look, that freakin’ grin, and the fact that there’s a mangled corpse inside of him just hit me in the right spot.

Least favorite: The nightmares kind of irk me because I don’t feel like I’m as scared by them as I should be. Everyone freaks out about them, but I can’t help but think they look too much like animal themed death machines to be frightening. They’re more in “cool” territory. The uncanny valley + moderate gore scares me the most, so they just aren’t all that frightening.

4 Likes

I agree on SpringTrap, that and I like his look, he appeals to me.

My least favorite…

Toy bonnie.

2 Likes

Move over Mattpatt, there’s a new sheriff in town!

2 Likes

Woah.

convincing.

BUT I DONT BELIEVE ANYONE! FOR I AM RAW EEEEDDDDGGGEEZ

1 Like

What does that even mean

Not sure.

Anywho, That theory was pretty okay. but I am not sure if I…want to accept it. it kinda feels like a slap in the face. Also, did Scott not say that Game theory got everything right for the first three games? if

1 Like

Hmm, verrry interesting. I’m quite inclined to believe this actually, it seems like it fits together really quite well! (Even if the whole “it was all just a dream” explanation is a bit of a cop-out…)

Curious to see if and how Scott responds to this - that is, if he ever does anything at this point…

3 Likes

If what?

Rap?

Are you okay?!

Did someone drag you out of your seat before you could complete the sentence?

2 Likes

Oh, sorry. my computer died.

if so, then this theory makes no sense.

Yeeeeaahh…Scoot has fallen off the face of the earth.

2 Likes

Yeah, that theory is clever and pretty all-fulfilling, but I’m kind of inclined to think that it’s wrong.

One of the main things is about the whole “I will put you back together” thing? If you’re dying, that doesn’t seem like something that you would picture your imaginary friend telling you.

Speaking of imagination, how in the world has this young child dreamed up such a complex series of events? We know that he’s pretty young, given his size compared to other kids. So how/why would he know what a spring lock is, what minimum wage of a year that he didn’t even live to see would be, the procedures that companies take when they are preparing to vacate a facility, even that they would have tablets in 40 years? Making the assumption that a small child from the 80’s just sort of knew all these things kind of outweighs all of the in-congruent tidbits that the story has without being looked at from this perspective.

Also, there were a couple little things, namely about FNAF 3; purple man isn’t walking around with his own flesh and bones. The suit and all of the mechanisms presumably converged and crushed those bits. He’s possessing the animatronic itself, which is walking around. There is not a living man in there. As for the placement of the minigames, I interpret those as representing the present ghosts of the children giving you visions of what happened as you look at the artifacts.

And yeah, Scott did confirm MatPat’s all questions answered theory as being almost correct.(not his first FNAF theory, which had a very similar premise to this one).

The thing about 8 bit gaming’s theories that almost always irked me was that they really like over-interpreting. I suppose it’s a good thing to look outside the box every once in a while, but sometimes you end up losing your basis in reality, and they seem to do that quite often. Then rabid fans take it as fact and I get salty about “pink men” for half a summer.

5 Likes

Twenty-four days. Still nuthin.

Apparently, Mando did another song a while back. This one’s maybe a little… different…

Scott updated his IndieDB page with more FNaF world pictures.
Here’s all of them: http://imgur.com/a/vIEmD
He also updated his sites with this
http://i.imgur.com/wZ3vqtJ.png
(supposedly Ball Boy)

5 Likes

MEET BUBBA

3 Likes

what.

4 Likes

What
is
this