Five Nights at Freddy's series

Prolly. I is interested.

1 Like

Scottā€™s probably gonna be bathing himself in cash after that gets released

Also, the source code says that itā€™s gonna be avail on Amazon Kindle ā€œVERY SOONā€

1 Like

2016 I believe.
A hard cover version is also supposed to come out, but later than the amazon and kindle versions.

1 Like

it just never end

1 Like

Oh for

For the love of

I donā€™t even have any feelings on this any more

Only confusion is left

3 Likes

It should have ended at three.

IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED AT THREE!

Seriously though, I probably wonā€™t read it. Iā€™m more or less done with FNAF; itā€™s gotten over-saturated and convoluted. Furthermore, with the climax long over with, the story is hardly rewarding.

1 Like
2 Likes

MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
December 22, 2015

1 Like

Where did the date come from?

1 Like

The bottom of the image/teaser.

1 Like

I am extremely disappointed that N!Bonnieā€™s shoulder was not actually the missing link in the entire story.

Iā€™ll be honest, this has actually reignited my passion to some extent. Iā€™ve pretty much always been in this for the lore, and when it got convoluted and over-complicated I just kind of lost interest to some extent.

But to see all the pieces fitting together so perfectly, it just makes me excited to see what else GT has to say on the matter. Iā€™ll definitely be here a week from now!

This final conclusion may also seem to be a bit of a copout, but if it was intended all along then that honestly doesnā€™t bug me as much. ā€œIt was all just a dreamā€ isnā€™t necessarily a bad explanation by itself, it just becomes bad when itā€™s used as a last-minute explanation in an attempt to justify a story that has gotten out of hand.

Letā€™s try and put this in terms of something we all know - Bonkle. While Iā€™m sure there are a few people who would disagree, Iā€™m pretty sure that Mata Nuiā€™s reveal as a giant robot was generally accepted as a cool twist and not a copout - because it had been foreshadowed in various ways through the last eight years, and for the most part we simply hadnā€™t put the pieces together.

Now imagine if there was nothing like that. No clues, no little details to give it away, nothing. If just suddenly at the end of 2008, Legoā€™s like ā€œoh yeah also mata nuiā€™s a giant robot and itā€™s got the whole universe inside it and now makutaā€™s in control what a twistā€. I get the feeling far less people would be happy with that.

So now that Iā€™ve gone off on my lengthy analogy-driven tangent, I can say that personally I feel like FNAFā€™s story fits into the latter category. It does indeed seem like the clues were pretty much all there, all we needed was those last few pieces to fit everything together - and thatā€™s really more the mark of a masterfully-constructed storyline than it is of a rushed explanation to cover for an overblown story.

Just my two (three, four, okay like 500) cents on the matter. Feel free to disagree if you read through this whole thing, somehow! Iā€™m interested to hear what other people think too!

5 Likes

Hello, ladies and gents; have I missed much news in the past few months?

New teasers for fnaf world and a new novel coming in a few days or something

2 Likes

Yeah, heard about both, but I canā€™t seem to figure out where all the FNaF World teasers are. I had assumed Scott would post them on the World pageā€¦

1 Like

http://www.amazon.com/Five-Nights-Freddys-Silver-Eyes/dp/1522771565/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1450374962&sr=1-2&keywords=Five-Nights-Freddys-Silver-Eyes
Bookā€™s out now.

As well as a review.
Also R.I.P Dream Theory.

4 Likes

What ifā€¦the FNAF Movie is just an adaptation of this book?

1 Like

Oh, man. Guess Iā€™ll have to read it nowā€¦

Also

B- B- Bite of '87ā€¦? Maybe? Please?

And

No. Not at aaaaaalllll. (Wonder what it could be though, this is just making me more and more curious. I think we can agree that Scott, if nothing else, is a marketing genius.)

2 Likes

Crap, I found that theory really pleasing.

Good thing or bad thing?

Anyways, WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LITERATURE!

1 Like

The information that the book provided was actually rather interesting. It kind of removes the whole cryptic nature of the series, but I really do like what weā€™ve learned.(though it does kind of discount that dream theory. Looks like the theory stream tomorrow is going to be more speculation than anything :confused: )

Also, Iā€™ll probably revoke my earlier declaration and get it. The sound of the killer having an almost intimate relationship with the Springtrap suit is rather pleasing, given what ends up happening, and Iā€™d kind of like to read that for myself.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the ending directly contradicts what happened in the FNAF 3 minigamesā€¦ At least as far as specifics go. Perhaps Scott decided that there needed to be more to it than what was shown. Or (and I just realized this!) this is a separate spinoff of the story! Scott did say that the original story was done with the advent of FNAF 4ā€¦ Therefore, the dream theory is still totally valid in that canon.(as well as everything else weā€™ve learned).

Huh. Not entirely sure how I feel about all that. Seems alright though.

2 Likes

Iā€™m more or less refusing to watch this all right now because itā€™s two hours long, but the first 20 minutes or so are apparently GTā€™s final stab at yet another FNAF theory. Interested to see how it goes.

Okay so, having watched the actual ā€˜theoryā€™ part (the first ~20 minutes), it seems pretty good. Not quite as clean or satisfying as Dream Theory, but then again pretty much nothing will probably ever be.

It sounds like there are a few more aspects as well that are addressed in the livestream, but since I donā€™t have nearly that much time on my hands right now I guess someone else might have to try and summarize it.

One final interesting note (and @Garnira more or less mentioned this in the post above) is this post by Scott (oh man that took freaking forever to find).

(I probably should have just quoted the whole post, my goodness that was a lot of snipped quotes.) But yeah, interesting stuff. So pretty much any theory that worked before still holds water in light of the new book - even Dream Theory can still be considered canon within the gameverse, just not the bookverse.

ā€¦Letā€™sā€¦ letā€™s not call them ā€˜gameverseā€™ and ā€˜bookverseā€™. I hate those names already.

3 Likes