Five Nights at Freddy's series

lets at least hope its not having a similar gameplay consept like the four last ones.

like i said, its one of the reasons why people call FNaF a “money-grab” game, and that its just the same game over and over and over.

1 Like

Maybe…they locked the animatronics underground…

I HAVE NO CLUE, THIS MAKES NO SENSE. WHAT IS HAPPENING!!?!

3 Likes

Those are the vibes that I’m getting, but it doesn’t make any logical sense. How could a sketchy, local company that can’t even afford a janitor or good enough security(especially when the place is a known stomping ground for a serial killer) manage to afford(much less, build) an underground vault for their trash?(may I remind you, in the economic slouch of the 80’s!)

The first three games straddled the line between realistic and not just well enough to make it a proper setting, and the fourth did so too, albeit with some incongruity with the other three. Yet this seems a bit over the top to me. I mean, sure, I could be misinterpreting here. Yet, I have no reason to believe that. Like I said, it all depends on what the final game is.

I’m probably getting a touch of “michael Bay ruined my childhood syndrome” here, and need to just drop the franchise if even the games themselves are becoming more of a bother than a joy.

I don’t know. I liked the murder mystery wherein a serial killer butchered some kids in a lousy Chuck E Cheese restaurant and was never caught. I also liked how his victims eventually brought his demise in the most fitting way possible. But above all, I really liked how that story was presented. Just cryptic enough to make you, the player, have to do some brain work to figure out what happened.

After that, I guess I’m just not digging it anymore.

4 Likes

Yeah…if the animatronics were that dangerous, why not just sell or scrap them? why lock them in a subterranean vault?

THIS MAKES NO SENSE.

1 Like

at the end of the trailer i could make out these words:

“you don’t know what we’ve been through”

and given the repeated words of:

“don’t hold it against us”

what does these words means for this game? That these animatronics where misstreated because of the main FNaF animatronics actions?..

or the infamous bite…

3 Likes

Are there more dead kids?

what is happening anymore.

AND WHY DO THEIR FACES SPLIT? WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE!?

2 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 Like

I asked that same question in 2003

10 Likes

Actually, the face split makes some sense. By the face plates being able to move, it allows the animatronics to express more emotions by facial movements. Solid metal or plastic doesn’t move like our facial muscles, so this face splitting is the best solution. Now some of the placements and design doesn’t make sense and the models themselves just make it more uncanny valley than prior models, but that seems to be what the creator was going for.

5 Likes

Okay we’re all having some good meaningful conversation here but no-one’s mentioning the most important part of the trailer

Freddy(?) has a Bonnie hand puppet and it’s the best thing ever

2 Likes

did anyone else notice the speakers on the freddy and fox animatronics?

did any of the past ones have those?

Huh, right you are. I’m pretty sure no previous animatronics have had those, no. Curious.

See, this is what I love about this series. Not being given clues so cryptic they may as well be impossible to decipher (looking at you, random-letters-appearing-on-Scott’s-website); not watching the competition for “who can put the most spikes on a single robit”; but getting something that seems simple on the surface, but has a whole bunch of potential mystery that can be endlessly speculated on. It’s a lot of fun honestly, and now I remember why I loved these games so much - not the games themselves, entertaining though they may be; not the lore, though the mystery was entertaining before it got too convoluted; the simple pleasure of trying to predict things based on cunningly-placed and carefully-revealed details.

Then again maybe this game is just “Spoopy Robits 5: The Respoopening” and I’m already looking too far into it, and I guess I’m okay with that too - but really, this is Scott we’re talking about here. There’s no way there aren’t at least some clever little hints in this trailer somewhere.

Oh, and one more thing.

So like… next week then?

3 Likes

you are not the first who have made that joke.

might as well say that the game will come out tomorrow.

2 Likes

BUT THERE ARE SEAMS EVERYWHERE<p

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED IN THE FOURTH GAME? WHAT IS THE STORY? Sorry, I leaave a short while and dream theories pop up everywhere.

I might forgive him for the overly complex story if this sister game has 2 things

1. Change it up! Maybe having to run from them rather than just sit there. It’s not like you have the budget excuse of the first 2.
  2. Clear up the story. I know a robot bit a kid, some kids were murdered, and a purple guy exists; that’s it.
2 Likes

I’m… slightly spooked. I wonder what the subtitle means…?

There’s also some hidden stuff in the source code this time, appearing to look like a schedule of some kind. Here’s a fully decoded chart I found on Reddit.

http://i.imgur.com/XkJFK5i.png

You can “book” animatronics? Some of them are “private” during certain days? I’m not entirely sure what this means, any ideas?

5 Likes

not really interested much

I assume it’s either a control thing meant to keep the animatronics in control(or used to) or that it’s a parts pack used to either repair or modify the others and became autonomous

1 Like

I am gonna bet that the new animatronic was scrapped for parts.

As for the chart. I am gonna assume that private means that they have been requested for a private party of some sort.

1 Like

I guess no one likes Funtime Freddy.

2 Likes