“Following” Idea

I definitely would not be surprised if this is a thing someone has already suggested, but I think it’d be cool if there was a way to “follow” users, and get notifications whenever they make a new topic or something. It would also be really cool if you could edit it so you only got a notification if they post in a certain category. For example (I’m gonna use @Monarth because he is one of my favorite mocists), say you want to follow Monarth, but only get notified when he makes a new moc. Just follow his “Lego Creations” topics, and there you go. Is there a reason this is not a thing already, or have I actually come up with something no one else has?

8 Likes

As long as they didn’t show statistics.

2 Likes

I’ve had this idea a while back, during scorpion strike’s ling-winded “folly of the Toa”; would’ve been nice to be able to follow him and know when he posted a new chapter. Could also see other uses for it too.

But like Otaatop said, just so long as it only notifies you. Let’s not turn the boards into Twitter.

2 Likes

Being able to “follow” users is a great idea and we’d love to implement it. Unfortunately, there doesn’t yet seem to be a suitable plug-in available for the software we use to run the Boards. If ever we are able to implement the feature in the future, we’ll be sure to let the community know about it.

14 Likes

You already have a notification thing for Topic Categories. Could you maybe do it the same way?

Not sure. We’ll be sure to keep you guys informed though. :slight_smile: