Forgotten Grotto (Mafia Discussion Topic)

Not how it’s spelled.

1 Like

Wait!
I won’t be doing it now (Still have to update HF Mafia anyway) but I came up with an idea for a Slizers Mafia game!

The unique mechanic in it is that there are multiple sherriffs who are aware of each other; they are the “Good” faction Slizers Turbo, Ski, Torch, and Scuba. The Mafia are the “Bad” faction Slizers Jet, Amazon, Electro, Granite, Blaster, Flare, and Spark. (this is assuming the player list is massive; if it ends up being a smaller game both of the specialized groups can be cut down to match.) Additionally, there’s an additional role, Millennia Slizer. I won’t explain the mechanics for that one, of course.
There would also be an economy system involving the Disks, but I still need to hash that out. Again, I won’t be putting this up for some time.

3 Likes

And so the first game of a series comes to a conclusion, and that means it’s voting time once more.

Feel free to vote for anyone who’s posted any sort of an idea here. Voting will end…sometime later.

Which, coincidentally, is when I’ll update the OP as well.

-MT

#Okoto Mafia: Annihilation
A sequel to the original Okoto Mafia games (1, Cyan, and Violet), the destruction of the Skull Cultist camp has led to rivalry among the forces of Makuta. The Red faction is led by Skull Grinder and his army of skeletal warriors, while the Blue faction is led by the remnants of the Skull Cultists. In the middle are caught the mass of Skull Spider-controlled villagers, each of which are trying to destroy the opponents to their chosen rulers. And in the middle of the war are hidden Protectors and Villagers, who seek to take advantage of the strife to destroy their enemies.

MECHANICS: The defining feature of Annihilation is the control of information as to who is on what side. At the beginning of the game, players are each informed of their own alignment (Red faction, Blue faction, or Protectors) and the alignment of one other player. Players who are informed of other players’ alignments must try to spread this information to their allies without letting their enemies know, so that they can present a united front to win the war. In addition to the initial information about alignments, special roles will gain new information about players’ alignments, and all players will learn the alignments of killed players.
The two main factions will switch between offensive and defensive roles. e. g. One night the Red faction’s mafia will act and the Blue faction’s defender will try to save a player, then the next night the Blue mafia and Red defender will act. The espionage roles and protector roles will be given specified nights to act, but these nights will be calculated so that all sides have an equal chance.

ROLES:
(same types of roles for Blue and Red factions)
Skull Slaves (?): The mass of Skull Spider-controlled villagers in the Makuta’s camp. Every day they gather together and attempt to execute those responsible for their deaths… or simply get rid of an opponent.
Skull Illusionist/Skull Basher (1): The primary Mafia of this game. Every night, the Skull Illusionist or Skull Basher will learn the alignments of two players, and select one enemy to kill.
Skull Assassins (2): If the Skull Illusionist or Skull Basher is killed, the Mafia role will be given to a randomly selected player, who becomes an Assassin. The Assassins are not able to learn of extra roles like their predecessor, and will have to rely on information gathered from teammates to carry out their murders. If one Skull Assassin is killed, another Skull Assassin will take up his role, if that Assassin is killed, then that faction cannot carry out any more murders.
Skull Sniper/Skull Warrior (2): The Defender role, the Skull Sniper or Skull Warrior can attempt to save an ally during the night. If their defense is successful, they will learn the role of the player who attempted to attack them.
Skull Spy/Skull Slicer (1): A master of espionage, the Skull Spy or Skull Slicer can learn the alignment and role of one selected player per night. They will also learn the alignments of two randomly selected players. The Spy or Slicer is a crucial part of the faction’s information network.

PROTECTORS
Protectors are a much smaller faction than either the red or blue factions, but they have some advantages. Each Protector player has a secret ability. In addition, the Protectors will each be given the identity of another Protector at the start of the game, allowing them to better coordinate their own operations.

1 Like

I’ll vote Hawkflight and CGL.

Oh, you can vote for more than one person?

I vote for Hawkflight and CGL as well.

Idk if it is “legal”, but I did it anyway.

If it is possible, I’ll vote for @Amazon/ @ColdGoldLazarus and @Hawkflight.

Is CGL doing her Slizer Mafia?

1 Like

I vote for @Hawkflight and @willess12.

I vote for myself and myself :stuck_out_tongue:
CGL didn’t put an idea in this topic…
@Hawkflight, unless there are 30+ members, with all the finding out of sides, the sides will be figured out in about 3 nights.

This was CGL’s idea. Note though, that she said:

4 Likes

In that case either I screw with the rules even more somehow, or just sit back and watch everyone try to kill each other.

2 Likes

#The Pit Mafia

• Normal Villagers (?)
    These guys are trying to survive on Mahri Nui

Healer (1)
Elected Leader of the Matoran and Role Diviner

Mystery Role 1 (1)
Who knows? Leans toward Good

Barraki (?)
Da Mafiosos

Mystery Role 2 (1)
Who Knows?

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

I’d be interested in a mafia where everyone has a unique role if we don’t already have that.

So, we have HF Mafia, @Ekorak is suggesting Ninjago Mafia, how long now until we get a Chima Mafia?

The whole plot could be a big drug scandal.

It’d be perfect

7 Likes

oh no
mt you know what this means

I’m a drug lord?

-MT

4 Likes

That would be interesting.

I’d consider Annihilation to be one step closer to that, since all the Protector players will have (semi)-unique roles.

yes

2 Likes

I’m calling the internet police

5 Likes