Forgotten Grotto (Mafia Discussion Topic)

I seem to be a much better player than a GM, so I’d like to play in someone’s game.

5 Likes

if and when another round pops up, I’d like to join in

4 Likes

@Political_Slime
Would it be alright if I posted the concept I have going to see if people like it? Even if I myself am not allowed to carry it out I think it might be interesting, at the very least.

5 Likes

Yeah, go ahead

You just need to get Staff Approval to host a game. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Alright, here we go.

Insert clever maze-name here
a mafia concept by some guy I think is called ek or something

You’re a group of nomads. You wander through the maze in search of the way out. But one among you is not who they say they are. They have gone mad and are picking you off one by one. Moreover, they are bringing others into madness with them. It’s down to the rest of you to keep them at bay until you find the way out.

ROLES
The Madness (Mafia-type)
Is the first Mafia in the game. Begins the game with no allies and can convert a specified percentage of the Nomads into Acolytes of Madness, which act as normal Mafia. Can not convert any more than this specified amount.

The Nomads
The villagers of the game, Have no special attributes, they’re just villagers.

The Paranoid
A special villager. Will defend himself against one attack and one attack only, and that night there will only be two suspects as he narrows it down to two possible offenders. Role is revealed upon attack.

The Mysterious
NOT THE VIGILANTE, but is a mystery role. Don’t worry it can’t kill other players or anything, but it can affect the game one time in one of two different ways.

Rules
Game begins with the Madness choosing his Mafia. This sets up the game. Once the Mafia have been chosen, the other players are each RNG rolled to receive the Paranoid and Mysterious and the game begins as normal. Each night, the Mafia attack one player as per usual, with all special powers taken into account.

Past this it runs pretty much as normal aside from the different protagonist roles. Rules can be modified if needed, i.e. the Madness being able to choose the mafia.

Thoughts, anybody? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I like the sounds of this. I think it’s interesting I would play this. But I have nothing really else to say about. I’m not to familiar with this game.

1 Like

Overall, I really like this idea.

2 Likes

inb4 it’s even more OP than the vigilante

But ye, I think this is cool

You say that one Mafioso chooses his allies… that should be interesting.

(edit post)

Also. Potential altercation, further Mafia games could occur in a PM, in a new PM each night, so that some people who aren’t involved can’t influence the game.

10 Likes

I kind of want to host another game now that Mafia’s a thing again
But I have a lot of unfinished business to take care of before that can happen.
Like the game I was already hosting elsewhere

Sounds interesting!

5 Likes

Or we could just have a Mod remove those who die. (That’s a mod ability now, for those unaware)

~W12~

I’d be down to host a game. I still have this old idea.

I’ve fine-tuned that idea since then, but that’s the basics.

~W12~

Edited for Double Post - Waj

Now I feel like an idiot. -W12

6 Likes

I had a loose idea for another Mafia game, the main gimmick of which is the inclusion of a large number of different specialized roles with their own mechanics, but I want to wait until Oonie’s game is done before considering starting it up.

Officials(2) - function just like a normal villager, but they know who the other Official is.
Martyr(1) - when killed, they can choose another player still alive, and that player’s role is revealed to everyone

These are just a couple of examples, I have a few more in mind.

6 Likes

So long as we don’t have another Diddy Kong in that category.

Sounds like a plan. I had a similar idea a while back.

3 Likes

Well this sounds interestingly groovy to me.

I seconded that.

2 Likes

Diddy Kong?

4 Likes

Can someone host a game where roles aren’t revealed upon death? I think that it would a cool concept to add in, but i haven’t played many mafia games so i don’t know the repercussions.

2 Likes

i.e. Overpowered role

4 Likes

Hoo-Hah.

1 Like

Count me in whenever it starts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Say, could I be part of the next Reawakening game?

Well, I’ve been granted premission to host the next Mafia game after the current corporate Mafia game ends!

Anyways, I will host a game where roles aren’t revealed upon death. Now when I’ve mentioned this idea before I got complaints about it being broken in favor of the Mafia. So to even it out I introduced a new role

• 2 Coroners who inspect the dead body, and find it’s role (via PM) the Coroners do not know who the other Coroner is.

To further even it out I will reduce the number of Mafia by 1 or 2 people, depending on how many play.

Other than that the game will be normal with a defender, an inspector, and a vigilante (with the same number of shots as half the mafia, rounded down) I hear the complaints already. Nobody will know the roles of the dead except the Coroners. The inspecter can only inspect the alive

So what do you guys think? Should anything be nerfed, unnerfed, or is it all good?

I’m asking a dead topic :stuck_out_tongue:[/spoiler][spoiler]/s

4 Likes