Funny issues you've faced when MOCing

Yep. Rey’s head is somewhere in a box now.

2 Likes

I had this great idea for a movable waist and shoulders torso, I took it apart to redesign it to armor it then I forgot how I built it.

3 Likes

I’m currently dealing with a parts shortage on my ongoing project, the Reaper MOV. I need 4 more 6long armor shells, 4 white mechanical looking armor addons, 1 white chest addon, 2 white cylindrical armor addons, 2 white creature claw and a very very very very custom head. This is more of a sad moment for me, because I have an empty PayPal account and I think I need to BrickLink this all together… :confused:

One problem I have MOCing is when I have an idea about what I want to make, but I have to take apart or modify a MOC I like or a complete set I have built for that one part because otherwise I don’t have the piece or have it in the wrong color.
Also, when I just don’t have the piece in the correct color (or at all) so I have to alter my idea just to not have a piece stand out or find a way to obtain the piece when I have no money. Teenage years suck financially when you don’t have a job besides school.

3 Likes

It happens every time I’m building something

I place a rather important piece to the side, but I end up losing it later, you know, when I need it…

2 Likes

That moment when you have tons of a certain piece but you don’t have it in the color that you need it in.

1 Like

The problem I have with MOCing?..Starting. I have literally one arm planned out. Not even a hand is included. Just an arm.

my biggest problem is finding a way to build a helmet for a titan I’m working on and I don’t care if the head movement restricted

and I’ve multi able suggestions but I can’t use them sorry guys but it won’t work

1 Like

It’s always funny in an ironic way when joints snap in my hands.

5 Likes

When I build something, then want to change it, and I have to take it apart.

The Irreversible.

Pieces in real life not fitting like I imagined.

When you need a specific piece, but your entire supply of that piece is tied up in other mocs.

That’s why my Mesonak MOC didn’t have many of those friction-adder parts.

7 Likes

When you make a moc that you’ve been testing out forever, and you finally go to put your Phantoka Miru on with the original head.
You then realize that you have a balljoint at the neck instead of a socket.
Then, you have to look for your Av-Matoran head that isn’t being used.

1 Like

It’s exspecially annoying when that peice is the one, final, peice you need to complete the moc and you can’t find it.

Spending 30 minutes to find the piece you need only to remember that you lost it.

2 Likes

I sometimes have times where I’m looking for a piece but I can’t find it at all, but eventually I find that it was in my hand the whole time =p

1 Like

Sometimes, I don’t even bother with the av-matoran head. I just hive that moc a janky looking neck.

1 Like

This was my Self Moc, so I wasn’t giving myself a weird neck.

I was saying that giving the moc a neck that protrudes out the back, or give my moc a hunchback would be my course of action.

1 Like

I’d say mine turned out well, but only because the trans lime of the head blends with the lime in the rest of the moc.

When you build two parts of the moc separately, because one section of it is a bit fiddly, then when you bring them back together they don’t match in size.

2 Likes