Funny issues you've faced when MOCing

I don’t think that’s a good idea.

6 Likes

Ssh!!! that is a secret technique.

This has actually happened to me me before.

I also find it hard, to find the right colors when MOCing and stuff.

4 Likes

I’ve been doing it most my life. It’s somewhat effective.

Also, when ya spend hours trying to come up w/ a custom torso design, but can’t come up with anything.

Time to head to the MOC tutorials,

1 Like

Yep. That and combining creations; you think your all done then you realize one the the components ruins the whole thing. Also with function creations that you finish it and then you realized you never tested it so you have to redesign it so the gimmick works.

3 Likes

Trying to update a build and then not liking anything you do, and then you have to search around for where you carelessly threw the old pieces and then you have to remember how it was built originally.

Also, the fear of ruining something forever while trying to revamp it.

4 Likes

This is one I think we all have had at some point, When you know you have that piece, have used it before and clearly remember seeing it in your parts bins before but cannot find it anywhere, then realize you have just used it in your current MOC.

6 Likes

i´ve run out of three long axles once. and another time i ran out of blue pins

3 Likes

I’m running out of blue pins with friction. I hate having to put in a blue pin only to realize that it’s loose like a tan pin and having to find one with better friction (takes a good minute to find the perfect one). Doesn’t help that I used to use my teeth to take them out (bending the plastic).

Finding a good hand socket with sufficient friction is also a pain

4 Likes

As is likely well known with me, I love building things with functions. Sometimes though, I’ll work really hard designing a mechanism only to find that it’s either supremely delicate, or isn’t strong enough to support the weight I wanted it too. It’s infuriating when that happens.

7 Likes

I think what Lewi’s stated above really irks me, but mainly custom torsos. I’ll try to build a MOC centered around a function, or a custom torso with a function, and then a portion will be wobbly.

Lookin’ at you, lower half of revamped Gali.

Oh, and whenever I dig into my parts, and see the same thing over and over again. If this keeps happening, I swear to god I’ll burn all of my Airjitzu flyers. XP

2 Likes

Making impossible-to-remove connections.

9 Likes

I know that feeling…

2 Likes

That and when you’re replacing peices to recolor a moc and you just really want to add every (green for example) piece you can find to the moc even though it’s complete.

3 Likes

Transformers, especially complex ones, like combiners. I’ve been working on for the past 30-40 minutes and haven’t even got past the torso.

1 Like

Aw; the classic issue of finding that one part you need yet no matter how hard you try it seems like it’s glued to the construction You need to get it off.

10 Likes

Use a brick separator:

or your teeth.

1 Like

A 20 year old man goes to the dentist.

Dentist “How did this happen?”

20 year old guy “I ate toffee…” His eyes ■■■■■ around nervously

12 Likes

Or just place on axel over a corner and push down, then use your fingernails to move the liftarm. =P

1 Like

After I posted I got it apart though it’s still annoying trying to get some parts off when they’re stuck.

1 Like