Funny issues you've faced when MOCing

@Chilly_Productions Well, I am somewhat younger.

1 Like

I just picked a random number between 15 and 22.

1 Like

Ah.

2 below the lowest.

1 Like

I hate it when that one common peice in that one color breaks on you. It couldn’t be any other color or mold? It just had to be the exact version of the peice you needed that broke?
Even a transformer missile I have broke that way and it had to be one of those that was needed to finish off one mode too. I hate when that one thing you absolutely need for something breaks on you.

2 Likes

I just use these little clippers and slip the blade in between the parts

use with adult supervision

5 Likes

Finding out that the custom torso you built is just 1 peg longer (or shorter) than it should be, and you have to break it up again.

6 Likes

The issue is that it’s so hard to get one without going on brick set: that thing only comes with the >700-piece sets.

3 Likes

Trying to make a custom anything and figuring out you have no clue how to do it and make it look nice.

2 Likes

LDD has crap canopies for spacecraft that’s larger than a fighter.

1 Like

Or any of the pin / axel peices.

Or any chima set, and you can buy them at a Lego Store

Wanting to use a certain piece, but you’ve used all of them up, so you have to debate which of your existing mocs to pull it off…
It’s like being asked to choose a favourite child.

8 Likes

Same! And when I do choose one I mentally whisper “i’m sorry my sweet sweet child, it’s for the greater good” to the moc before taking the piece out. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Two for me.

First, living away from my main parts collection and only having a handful of sets’ parts to play with, and having to unpack everything when I’m home in order to make stuff.

And that moment when one has to cull their current MOCs in order to make way for the new
:upside_down:

2 Likes

Huh, mine’s usually
#“PARTS FOR THE PART GOD!”

5 Likes

Creating a Moc so big that to make a vehicle for it that doesn’t look too small or is some kind of hoverboard uses up most of your useful pieces to make the vehicle look somewhat decent.

2 Likes

Thats why with vehicles I ussually go protector - inika size for the figure. Makes it easier to scale to.

My personal issue when mocing is making a more complex torso and then running low on parts and resorting to lacklustre limbs.

3 Likes

Ooh. I have one.

I was MOCing a while back with some older parts, had one of those black Bohrok head parts and I thought, ‘hmm, you know what, I could totally add some Bohrok eyes here and make this thing look way cooler.’
I got one of THESE and a 2-long axle, the kind that didn’t have the grooves, mind, and put them into the the side of the part facing the molded on piston.
What a mistake that was.

I went to remove it later and found I couldn’t. There was nowhere for me to grab and tug the part back out, or use a brick separator or nails or teeth. It took ages to devise a plan and wiggle the little axle out… by which point, the part the axle had been holding in place had cracked.

So, moral probably should be if I can’t find any 3-long axles, I shouldn’t try something like that again.

3 Likes

Oh my, that’s the worst kind of the Irreversible. Literally worst case scenario there.

My condolences for the loss of such a good piece.

3 Likes