G3 Design Concept: Ignalu Arena

Incredible work!

2 Likes

Canā€™t say which, though. Could be any of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

On a more serious note, this is incredible! While I agree with the sentiment that it would be a bit too much for a set, itā€™s an excellent model.

3 Likes

This is a massive expensive brick of plastic, an actual arena set would be hollow on the back and the arena floor would only be hinted at. Also there doesnā€™t seem to be a single play feature.
Itā€™s a nice store display, but I wouldnā€™t buy this as a set.

Lego has actually gotten cheaper over time, itā€™s just inflation making it seem more expensive.

4 Likes

@TheMOCingbird

Hereā€™s a non-terrain version, enjoy!

@Payinku this is not intended to be a set, this is meant to be a concept for possible arenas as well as for unifying the designs of mangaian architecture. You are absolutely correct, were this a set it would have a play feature and it would be hollow, this is not meant to be a set, itā€™s meant to be purely a concept show-off, Iā€™m sorry if this didnā€™t come through in the original post.

4 Likes

This is so amazing, you totally nailed the style I was going for with the Mangaian architecture great work

4 Likes

Cool, sorry I didnā€™t know that. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous. I can really see the @Sokodaā€™s inspiration here. Thatā€™s awesome! Could you perhaps make it a possibility that two arena sets can be combined to form one all-around? Like the Thor Ragnarok set?

OH MY EHLEK THOSE ZAMOR HOLDERS ARE SCOREKEEPERS!!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH MORE NOW!!!

3 Likes

You should change the title to not say ā€œg3 set conceptā€ then, kinda conveys the wrong message.

3 Likes

10/10 my man, I need five, now.

3 Likes

Well, it technically is a G3 concept in the form of a set, so the title isnā€™t wrong, and his original post is pretty clear about the distinction.

2 Likes

You mean the part that was added afterwards?
Because otherwise it was pretty neutral on whether or not itā€™s a set.

1 Like

@Styrofoam yeah payinkuā€™s right on this one, I made the edits after, the title was for further clarification.

4 Likes

Holy crap this is AWESOME. Could do with some play functions though.

3 Likes

If thereā€™s enough public outcry for functions, Iā€™ll redesign such a set with them, Iā€™m thinking something to launch your warrior onto the field, maybe a moving lava flow, who knows.

2 Likes

While it does look very good indeed, it needs Strakk or some character to ā€œGet ā€˜emā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

ā€¦and then everything changed, when the Fire Nation attacked.

2 Likes

@Leoxanderā€¦ Youā€™re a genius.
@BioStef only Mata Nui, master of life itself could save us, but when we needed him most, he was launched into space by his nemesis.

3 Likes

I love the way you create the lava. It feels very much like something one would see in an actual set were it not a bit piece heavy. Regardless, itā€™s quite good.

2 Likes

The lava field design is to mimic the Mangaian landscape.

1 Like