G3 Gali's back story pitch

(Apologies in advance for being bad at dialog and spelling. :stuck_out_tongue: Also this whole pitch goes off of the Idea that the Order that Gali was a part of is corrupt.) Three blue figures huddled around a small cradle. The matoron in the center was hunched with age and had a long flowing robe like the ocean itself. The figure to the right was young and strong, she was clad in shining metallic-blue armor and had a sword at her side. Her face was strict and cold, like the depths of the sea. Whereas the figure to the far left was the same age, yet had a stern and kind completion. There is silence save the crying of a baby. Finally, someone spoke.
“We should kill it, it is to dangerous to keep alive, It is also an abomination, to be born without elemental powers is a disgrace! It would be better for the babe it we killed it now.” Said the matoron in armor.
“Be reasonable Tuyet, she is only a child.” Replied the figure to the right.
“I am being reasonable, Helryx, it is you who is being unreasonable. Think of what could happen if this is the one that has been foretold to become a toa!” Replied Tuyet.
“Calm yourselves daughters,” the eldest said in a soft voice, “we will come to no conclusion through arguing.”
“Yes, Mother Nokama.” The to others replied.
Helryx went on to say “But Mother Nokama, surely you will not condone the murder of a child, let alone one that may become a toa. For is the toa of water not the greatest of Akida’s servants?”
“This is true.” Nokama replied.
“But Helyrx, do you not remember what happened to the sacred order the last time a toa came? Let me refresh your memory, what happened was the striping way of our masks of power and the loss of many good sister’s lives.” Tuyet stated.
“But, that must of been the will of Akida, for is that not what a toa is, the will of an elemental god? Since when has our lust for power been more important than the will of Akida?” Replied Helryx.
“Silence sister! For you too have a want for power, do not deny it! Why else did you strive so hard to become the chief of the secret arbiters.” Tuyet said in an angry tone.
“Daughters, stop this bickering. Helryx, what Tuyet says is true, how do we know that this toa will not try to overthrow us as the last did?” Nokama inquired.
“I-I do not know, but I will not allow this child to be murdered.” Helryx stammered.
“Sister Helryx, it is our only option, now step out of my way.” Tuyet stated as she drew her sword and stepped closer to the crib.
“No, please, I-I could teach her, I could bring her up and make her loyal to us! Anything but murder!” Pleaded Helyrx.
“Helix does have a fair point Tuyet, having a toa on our side may help the order prosper.” Nokama said calmly.
“Fine Helyrx, you may have your way, but if this child ever turns against us, than your life is forfeit.” Tuyet said harshly.
“Very well, I agree. And it shall remain a secret that the babe has no connection to the great element.” Helryx said with a sigh.
“Then it is done. Go now Helryx, take the child and bring her up in the way of the order.” Replied Nokama. And wth that Helryx picked up the crying baby, wrapped it in a warm cloth, and carried it our of the sacred temple to begin it’s upbringing. After Helryx left Nokama turned to Tuyet and spoke.
“If the child shows even one sign of disobedience, kill it, even if it means ending Helryx.”
“Yes, Mother.” Tuyet said as she dropped to one knee. She then rose, and Exited the temple. Nokama gazed up at the towering statue of Akida and murmured a prayer.

Constructive criticism is appreciated.

3 Likes