General "Quirks" Discussion Topic

Oh boy. Let’s see:

• I have autism. Asperger’s Syndrome, to be exact.

• As a result, I am extra-geeky and short-fused.

• I think that the Makuta Teridax set is underwhelming.
    (#unpopularopinion)

• I want to be a MOC-maker, but I can’t stand taking apart my Bonkles.

• I randomly speak in a fake accent and/or Treespeak.

• I constantly talk to myself.

• I procrastinate on stuff I want to do, even when I have plenty of free time. It’s probably because I have a computer. :stuck_out_tongue:

• I’m terrible at drawing hands.

• I ramble on and on about certain things.

• Seeing a scratch or a chip on one of my pieces makes me go insane.

• I have a bad habit of not closing drawers.

• I don’t play video games very frequently. I usually do that with my IRL friends, not by myself.

• I don’t just hum or whistle songs that I like. I will often make weird electric guitar sounds with my vocal chords to them as well.

• I’m only funny when I’m not trying to be, in most cases.

That’s all the oddities I can think of at the moment.

3 Likes

It could get worse. You could be shuffling between vocals, electric guitar, bass guitar and drums/beatboxing all day long.

Same.

There’s a lot of new stuff I need to add to this topic. hopefully in the next few days.

3 Likes

Paranoid about pleasing people and not offending anybody that I create a new personality to use for everyone I meet/know. Sometimes they end up merging, putting me into depression.

It also causes me to be a pathological liar, so I might be telling the truth.

I also can’t tolerate people with I.Q.'s lower than mine.

And I hate Pennsylvania.

So when you meet someone, the first thing you do is ask them their I.Q.?

1 Like

No. :smile: It’s easy to tell if you know how to tell.

I talk to myself

I’m really shy

I have Aspergers, something I was diagnosed with when I was eleven but it you ask me the sings were pretty clear before then.

I tend to forget what I’m say as I’m saying I-uh…aw crap I forgot what I was going to say.

I believe I have a low I.Q but that’s not exactly true according to my family

I over exaggerate a lot.

and I’m not sure this counts at a quirk, but I make fun of a lot of my short comings (Example: I’m short, I’m my own worst enemy, it looks like you can play connect the dots on my face)

6 Likes
  • I exclusively wear military cargo pants…even though it’s 100+ degrees every day.
  • I always walk with one arm folded behind my back, and when I stand still, I keep both arms folded behind me.
  • I plan out everything that I do, and organize my daily activities into a “To Do” list.
  • I tend to talk to myself whenever I’m stressed or sad. (For example, when G2 ended, I had a lengthy discussion with myself to help me move on.)

No, I’m not weird. Why do you ask? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

My sister does that often, and I catch myself doing it as well sometimes.

3 Likes

Sometimes I have arguments with myself in my head.
Example:
“G2’s over? Aw well, I didn’t really like it anyway.”
“Dude, shut up. The sets were great, and the story wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be.”
“The story sucked man, it was too simple.”
“Shut up.”
“It was bad”
Shut up, just shut up!"

2 Likes

Same. I believe that my intellect is the universal standard and don’t think of myself as that intelligent.

Also paranoid of being myself, including small things like the positioning and movement of my body. (As in how my fingers move, the movement of my neck, the timing of when I blink, how my brow and mouth move, the time that passes in between each bite of food I consume and the speed and form of taking each bite, etc.)

I also get enraged when ever someone tells me to do something that I all ready knew to do.

I also have a terrible sleep schedule because I’m awake for most of the night because I feel alone from other humans at night and uninterrupted by the atmosphere that has brainwashed me, so I can finally be “myself”, or what’s closest to it in my state of depression.

I also love to be cold while sleeping. Average 48 degrees.

2 Likes

I Really liked,
Hero Factory Was Okay to me.
I personally think summer 2016 was the best wave in g2 we got.

But do you ever start a sentence without knowing how to finish it and realize midway through the sentence that you didn’t…

Um, I’m not sure where I could’ve gone with the second part of that sentence.

~W12~

3 Likes

…count on those people that will automatically assume the worst possible way that sentence could be ended.

3 Likes

I either do that or I cross my arms.

I usually do this at school while I’m by myself. Though I find it quite useless, as some event always manages to ruin my schedule :stuck_out_tongue:

And when I’m bored, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the planning and talking to yourself is just ADD honestly. Don’t worry about it, I do it too.

ALSO A RANDOM UPDATE SINCE MY LAST SELF PITY RANT
I got new meds for my ADD… And everything is going fan-friggin-tastic now! That has caused my personality to go into overhaul and I’m weirdly optimistic now. So! Let’s go through my old list of quirks and get rid of the irrelevant ones eh?

I have beta thalassemia minor (Still have it but it does nothing to me)
I also have full blown celiac (still have it too, but I’ve had it for so long I don’t really care anymore)
There was also that tumor in my foot (irrelevant now!)
Thanks to celiac, my ribs have been pushed out (Got fit, now it’s unnoticeable)
I’m also color blind (turns out that was a temporary thing caused by straining my eyes too often)
I have ADHD and one of the most dangerously addictive personalities ever known to man. (I was misdiagnosed and got meds that slowed me down. Now that I have meds for ADD instead of ADHD those are both irrelevant)

So really the only two things that affect me anymore are ADD and celiac, both which I have methods of neutralizing. But really, now that I’ve snapped out of my horribly depressing mindset, life has been getting a lot better for me. So… Thanks universe!

3 Likes

My face is weird. My jaw used to be crooked, so I made sure to try to fix it…went pretty well. (I don’t want surgery later in life) However my eyes are kinda weird, one of them is normally more open then the other, and I can close one easier then the other.

Yeh.

Let me think about my quirks

I have a lazy eye and am near slighted which means I need glasses

I also have scoliosis which means my spine isn’t quite right

I used to have anemia which means that your iron levels are very low. However, this has been fixed for a couple of years but I still take iron pills just so it doesn’t happen again

2 Likes

*Sighted

I also require glasses because of an inherent stigmatism in my left eye. I should probably wear them more though because my eye seems to be a little off.

1 Like

Just because there’s a lot of more personal stuff in this topic, I think that this community is so great(and I mean this, for everyone to be able to open up to one another is very nice) that we forget that anyone can view this site, this topic in particular, whether they have a profile or not. Sure, it’s difficult to sift through and find these more sensitive and personal topics with the thousands upon thousands of topics on the Boards, but just be cautious what you’re putting out here for the world to see. It’s still out here. Maybe a community PM for venting and quirks would be a better alternative to this.

4 Likes

I get sick in the stomach when I see garish color combos or patterns. I am also an avid enthusiast of animation. Finally my big toes are in a perpetual cycle of irritation and swolleness.

1 Like