Godzilla Discussion

The first “Kong: Skull Island” trailer dropped today. Good grief.

Good luck Godzilla.

1 Like

Oh god I didn’t know Godzilla Resurgence/Shin Godzilla would come out this week

much less a few days

1 Like

I heard people loved it in Japan. Hopefully that reaction will be the same in the States.

1 Like

Guy Godzilla Resurgence is coming to the west later this year and it is going to be distributed by Funimation.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/07/22/funimation-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=press-release&utm_nooverride=1

So at least we can rest assure that it will have a good dub.

The SH Monsterarts figure of ShinGoji…
I must obtain it.

EDIT: Intense giggling ensues

The American Trailer just dropped. Although I am a few days late.

2 Likes

For any Aussies out there:
http://godzilla.com.au/

Godzilla Resurgence (Shin Godzilla) is coming out in Australia on October 13th.

1 Like

An intriguing link.

I shall investigate at a later juncture.

At a juncture…

I just watched Shin Godzilla today, and my word is it awesome.
Only qualms are when some of the characters speak English, it’s a bit eh.
And some of the CGI is a bit eh
But I think it’s awesome overall
I think I could go more in depth to this, but eh.

Point is, I really recommend watching it.

1 Like

Just saw it at Village Cinemas, plenty of spots left surprisingly, so I don’t think we have to worry about a rush for tickets.

It was awesome.

Same here. I watched it a Hoyt’s in the city, and there weren’t that many people there

What did you enjoy most about it?

2 Likes

You lucky bloke. I didn’t even realize that Hoyt’s was showing it.

The amazing tone and pacing it constructed, continuing it’s momentum throughout the film with a great flow and mood… Not only that, but it was a very practical and believable film. Pretty much everything but the Engrish, because I really wish we had English subtitles for that.

1 Like

This, along with the soundtrack and the overall feel of the movie made it awesome.

And Godzilla himself was just awesome. He was so… Well, Godlike.
A terrifying God at that.

Yeah, found it kinda funny that they were speaking in English, yet it was difficult to understand :smiley:

I might go in depth as to my overall thoughts on the movie tomorrow, and compare it to 2014.

2 Likes

I watched it last Saturday. My thoughts?

My childhood has been fulfilled.

2 Likes

Lucky, the only place it was showing on the weekend was sold out. :sob:

2 Likes

So did you guys hear about the Godzilla amine movie coming in 2017?

That means we are going to have 3 Godzilla series all at once. Is there too much Godzilla?

1 Like

when ever i look at ShinGoji, i can’t help but think that… this is actualy what a lizard creature that have been grown to colossal size thanks to radiation, would look like.

lets face it, if a creature was mutated to that size, it would look something like this.

now something i will say in regards to the movie is that, i never saw it but i did read what happend on Wikipedia and saw the ending on Youtube.

Now, the overall image i got of the movie after having done this was the following… Oh god, this is horrifying. The image i have of the movie is that of a movie with a really dark and serious tone.

3 Likes

Lots of destruction, and a few of the characters die.

1 Like

I have so much respect and appreciation for Toho after seeing Shin Godzilla. It was truly a work of art, and is without a doubt my favorite Godzilla movie ever. The monster design, the music, the acting…100% on point.

2 Likes