Greatest Bionicle Regret

I didn’t buy any sets from the Glatorian Era…to this day I regret it.

5 Likes

Not getting the toa Inika or the Toa mata when they were out. I rather got a Lego Racer car. But now comparing it to Gala Mata… yeah maybe I would be a kid again I would choose the racer car again. Other than that I regret not getting Roodaka or Brutaka nor Axon when I had money.

3 Likes

Mine are twofold. First, not getting involved earlier (I didn’t care about it till 2007, and didn’t become involved till 2008. My parents were against it as long as I can remember because of the violence, but they allowed me to buy sets as earlier as '05. Still, I didn’t have a concept of money then…). Second would be that I wasn’t more involved in BIONICLE while it was around. I was a filthy casual reading my precious LEGO Mag comics and buying a couple of '08 sets. I actually don’t really remember even caring that much when it ended, but I must have because I became a really passionate fan after that.

3 Likes

In 2012 young me thought “Hey, let’s just get rid of this big box of BIONICLE, I rarely play with them anymore and it’s just dead space!”. Instead of putting it in deep storage like a rational thinking human, I decided I should just give it away. For free. All of my BIONICLE. 2004 onwards, over 6 years of set collecting and fond memories. No money gained, only… storage space. Guess I was scared of becoming a ‘hoarder’ or something.

Since March, I’ve been taking a few nostalgic trips back and slowly building my collection with the first sets I got- but it’ll never be the same (it definitley cost more this time round!)

4 Likes

I don’t own a single glatorian legend. I was starting to get out of bionicle just as it was ending, so I never touched stars or hero factory.

2 Likes

Getting Onua uniter instead of Tahu Uniter when they were for 13$.

2 Likes

Being violent with my sets when I was younger.

Ended up breaking the only Photok mask I had at the time…

Also, not asking for all the Wave 1 Bionicle 2016 sets for Christmas, because now I don’t have money to get them all this year…

4 Likes

I would think that the trans-orange head joint would break first (and all other joints for that matter) before the mask would give in :grimacing:

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. The axle snapped inside the Av-Toran head. :sweat:

I got a new one at long last, but the broken one still sits on my dresser. A grim reminder…

3 Likes

Oh, this happened to me too with Kirop…

3 Likes

Probably my biggest regret, being mainly a lore buff, was not buying the books as soon as they came out. What I tended to do was buy all that year’s books towards the end of the year and read them all at that time, which meant that throughout the year I had a lot of the books that were already out spoiled for me on BS01 and BZP. This is why I feel like I enjoyed the serials more than anything else, as I kept up with them pretty religiously while they were going.

I also kinda regret not being as active in the community during certain times. I feel like I’ve had serious on and off times in that regard; being active mostly around 2006-2011 and then not being active from then until about a year ago.

3 Likes

right now not buy umarak the hunter for $15 on bricklink a couple days ago

1 Like

I regret not Knowing about bionicle until 2010

2 Likes

Not buying any 2016 Bionicle sets except for Umarak the Hunter (which I got for my birthday). I always said I’d get it later. Then came The Announcement

5 Likes

Being born in 2002.
And the only G1 sets to have bought while they were on shelves being Berix, Raanu, Zesk and Tarduk instead of two Glatorian.

4 Likes

I feel you, man. Bye the time I was old enough to actually get into the story, it was the very end of the Glatorian. Missed everything, except Kiina and Tarix. I’m fixing that though; Pohatu Mata and Nuparu Inika are here to comfort me. And a headless Ahkmou.

3 Likes

Not bidding on a Bionicle lot with new sealed bags of Brutaka and Axonn, which later ended at $50, 2 years ago.

3 Likes

Buying the Av-matoran.

2 Likes

Buying a 2007 set

Ftfy.

1 Like