Greatest Bionicle Regret

deep breath WWHHYYY? :rolling_eyes:

4 Likes

I ask myself this question every day of my life. I have yet to find an answer.

3 Likes

Personally, I like Gali Mistika. The mask itself is unque loved getting those new turbine and mini wing pieces

5 Likes

I wish I had gotten into Bionicle sooner so I didn’t have to deal with only having 08 pieces to build with

1 Like

All those times I accidentally dropped small pieces down my air vent.

3 Likes

Easy: could have gotten into BIONICLE as early as 2005, but was lax (and admittedly very young at the time, but that didn’t stop me from buying the sets), and didn’t get into it until 2008. Didn’t care about it until late in that year, and lost interest in the vastly changed story of 2009. Of course, I had huge fan fervor when they shut it down, but no less. Now, instead of having paid 8-10 dollars as a kid for a Toa Hordika or Ignika, I’m paying 40-60 for one.

Especially annoyed about totally missing 2006. I was there for 2005, even if I didn’t care, and I was there for 2007, but 2006 is the literal and figurative time slip for my BIONICLE fandom. :frowning:

1 Like

I totally read it as “Flax” the first time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Speaking of which I regret not finishing MNOG 2, but eh, no big deal.

2 Likes

I joined a Genwunner’s Bionicle Page on Facebook. Instant Regret.

6 Likes

Please, inform us of your experience

1 Like

Have you tried buying from bricklink? You can normally find sets for a relatively low price there, or you can gather the parts you need for a particular set. I also recommend keeping an eye out at yard sales or flea markets or online sales threads. I’ve found some pretty good deals that way.

It also helps if you’re friends with someone who is selling their collection. That’s how I got the 2005 titans for $15 all together.

1 Like

######warning; does not work if your friend is mean and wants you to pay +100€ for their collection

3 Likes

TLDR; People who only operate with internal bias about a LEGO theme can really take joy and fun out of interacting with a community. Exactly why I prefer these boards, where people are civil. :blush:

1 Like

Not going to a LEGO Convention that was very close to me last year (because I didn’t know about it, unfortunately…)

1 Like

I never bought all of the Toa Mata, Nuva or Metru Sets(Only 5/6 and Toa Lhikan), or all of the Piraka.

1 Like

I treasured my Avak. I remembered I put weird pieces on him. I lost him in a tote I found him but now he had the head of a Visorak and a arm of a Vahki.

1 Like

My greatest regret regards to bionicle would be that i dismantle all my sets as a kid it made me Loose a lot of hard to find pieces like the strings to the battle of metru nui set or the rubber bands for my bohrok

3 Likes

I did that too! The amount of time spent looking for parts to rebuild them was pretty bonkers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

I still remember that my first serious rebuild was Krekka, and the very last one was Stronius.

3 Likes

Yeah it was quite a hassel it took me one year to finish it. Hopefully it wont take that long to rebuild them up again when i have cleaned the parts thou.

2 Likes

Trading the the peices of my Brutaka, Axonn and Maxilos, not to mention my toa mata, I was such an idiot.

1 Like

Not liking Bionicle until 2008, a year after my favorite year, and breaking all of the pieces to the point of where I’m scared to even touch them, and then not liking it again until 2017, a year after it was over.

3 Likes