Gunpla Discussion Topic

I’m currently aiming to get a Zaku II 2.0, which will be the first kit that I’ll add weathering to.

Any recomendations for bulky Gunpla? Also least expensive too.
I want to use these peices of a ko figure as armor

1 Like

The O, Sazabi, and the Dom are all bulky kits that I know have good MG kits (but the first two are rather expensive).

I got the 1/100 Gundam Astray Green Frame for a christmas present (it showed up late) and it is pretty great! I just wish it was bigger and had more hands.

so wait you want like a Perfect Grade or are you refering to 1/144

I dunno, I am just used to larger figures (cause most of my MOCs are pretty big) so it was a bit jarring at first. and as for the hands, I just think it would add some more dynamic posing options.

(It also came with the red-frame’s sword and no hand to hold it)

1 Like

Is it this?

1 Like

Ye, that’s the one he got.

2 Likes

Yup! that’s the one!

(also shoutout to random over-sized pilot dude, he is weird)

Any good suggestions for HG 1/144 models that have good looking limbs or heads for this torso?

3 Likes

I’d recommend looking into some 00 kits.

3 Likes

I agree with @Joe , the 00 style would fit perfectly!

wow it’s been 5ever since I posted here

2 Likes

Have you guys seen the new Barbatos and the colored pictures of the Bael?

2 Likes

The bael looks interesting. I might have to pick it up. As for the barbatos I was never really a fan of that suit so the new is just “eh” to me.

2 Likes

The Lupus Rex I believe?

I freaking love it, its not my favorite version of the Barbatos though. (that goes to the sixth form)

Well i finally caved and bought a few Gundam markers. Any panel lining tips I should know?

This was my first test with them and I’d say I have the basics down.

1 Like

There’s a couple lazy ways i like to panel line. One of them is to really fill it in and let some seep out, give it time to dry, then gently rub a white eraser against any unnecessary spots. The second one is similar but instead i use a cotton swab to pick up the excess liner before it dries.

Also, sometimes you can press the pen againts the panel line and it will bleed into place

I now have built my first three Gunpla! This is going to be my new obsession, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Welcome to the cult, sir.

2 Likes

You can take breaks but you may never leave. I’ve still got a custom planned and another one that’s a straight barbatos repaint.

1 Like