Halo Discussion (Halo Infinite Hype!)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that while it was confirmed a while ago, the Reach Grenade Launchers, aka Propipes, have an official trailer along with the Anti Air Wraiths as Halo 5 weapons

My experience with Halo was playing Reachā€™s campaign with a friend of mine. We had lots of fun playing the first few missions (and sucking terribly even though we were on Easy).

I do remember really enjoying the Reach magnum during my initial play-through. Maybe thatā€™s why I remain exceptionally fond of itā€¦

4 Likes

Ghost Bustersā€¦

1 Like

I started Halo when I was way too young playing Halo CE.

Iā€™ve seen this franchise grow the whole time and Iā€™m still proud of it.

2 Likes

this big boys first halo was halo 2. oh i remember seeing that opening cutscene at dads house and looking at amazement. i remember the feeling i got the moment i realized i was going to play as the arbiterā€¦ ah good times

5 Likes

So can someone explain to me what people have against Halo 4 and 5? I havenā€™t played either since Iā€™m technically still new.

2 Likes

They are both made by 343 rather then Bungie, and have a different style toā€¦everything. The story, the gameplay, even how the world looks is different. Many complain about them not feeling like a Halo game, and that in a effort to appeal to CoD players they alienated the older audience.

Now I have only played Reach, but the 343 games seem alright.

4 Likes

With Halo 4 itā€™s the COD like multiplayer, with Halo 5 itā€™s the story and false advertising. People can talk for days about how bad it is, throw their opinions at 343, but theyā€™re as likely to change their minds as Lego about Bionicleā€™s cancellation.

3 Likes

Wellā€¦

4 Likes

90% sure now Halo 6 is definitely gonna be bad because they did this after Halo 4. This then spawned Halo 5.

3 Likes

Canā€™t say anything for certain, by if they switched guys again they probably did that due to some negative response to Halo 5. So maybe itā€™s not bad. Again, I donā€™t know the whole situation so prove me wrong if you must :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The way Halo 5 left the story, itā€™s tough for Halo Wars 2 or Halo 6 to redeem it.

Lots of hardcore fans disliked how the devs shook up the core Halo gameplay with some questionable additions.

For an in-depth critical look at the Halo games, I highly Lucas Raycevickā€™s Halo Dissection documentary series. It provides very interesting retrospective views on the games from a gameplay, lore and even development standpoint.

(Seriously, every Halo fan should watch these. Theyā€™re by far some of the most top-quality-yet-underappreciated videos Iā€™ve ever seen in the Halo community. Itā€™s probably best to watch the series from the beginning.)

3 Likes

Saw this just an hour before you shared it. They really are great!

1 Like

I canā€™t find the comment anymore but it was top comment, but I took a screenshot.
Has the F-Bomb in it.

3 Likes

Huh.

Alrighty then.

unsubscribes from Halofollower

4 Likes

Im personally a big fan of halo 4 but the reasons why people hate it have already been said.

halo 2 had arguably a worse ending
halo wars 2 can definitely redeem the story. At this point were looking at the middle/first part of the created story line and opinions will likely change based on how it pans out in the long run. The thought of AIs as villains is a good one. The fact there used for everything including education as well as military. Then the thought of the didacts return (as an AI as hinted at in halo escalation). Anither fact is one of the concept pictures for atrioxs face paint is called ā€œdidact hunterā€ i think it only really spells good news for future titles. Its clear 343 can see the mistakes they have made with halo 5 weather that will help halo 6 is still a mystery. And on the point of advertisement while a fairly large lie.

1. Most of it was in universe information being handed out to the public
  2. They kept the main twist a complete mystery
    I can see why they went the way they did in advertising

Well that was my rant thing

2 Likes

Get out. /s

Iā€™d argue otherwise since H2 was created with H3 already planned (h2 was first planned to have all of H3 as the second half of itā€™s story) so they were taking a calculated risk there.

Honestly losing Josh Holmes may actually be a good thing. Sometimes a new perspective is exactly what it takes to get a series out of a rut.

why would anyone be subscribed to them in the first place

the content is trash the people are trash the opinions are trash and the facts are wrong

I am subbed, but I barely watch any of thier videos, as many of the hosts annoy me, and the videos are often badly worded.

I might remember to give them the boot, but I probably wonā€™tā€¦

1 Like