Halo Discussion (Halo Infinite Hype!)

So does this have the Halo 3 campaign, or is it just multiplayer?

just the multiplayer.

Darn. The conclusion of Halo 2ā€™s cliffhanger eludes me yet again.

Just google a walk through

1 Like

Maybe he wants to actually play the game?

1 Like

Touche

Iā€™ve actually avoided most story/campaign based videos I can for Halo 3. I know a very broad and general scope of the plot, and a few details, but Iā€™m trying to know as little as possible, until I move out and buy an X-box.

2 Likes

So 343 has issued a statement about halo: online;
"Today we want to let our community know that Microsoft has initiated actions to protect its Halo intellectual property in the wake of the recent ā€œElDewritoā€ PC release. Community created content has long been a key pillar in the Halo franchise and something we have continuously sought to support ā€“ from the early beginnings of Red vs. Blue to Forge-made maps & modes to the ā€œHalo Custom Editionā€ to original recent fan creations like ā€œInstallation 01.ā€ These projects, and others like them, have one key factor in common ā€“ they fit within Microsoftā€™s established content usage guidelines.

Back in 2014, Microsoft, 343 and Sabre Interactive partnered to develop ā€œHalo Onlineā€ ā€“ a title that was being developed exclusively for the Russian market. The game was subsequently put on indefinite hold but Halo Online ended up in the wild beyond its intended audience and official scope, resulting in DMCA takedown notices being issued by Microsoft. As time went by, Halo Online faded and fell off the radar until the recent exposure of the .6 update shined a new light on the current ElDewrito project. While we are humbled and inspired to see the amount of passion poured into this project, the fact remains that itā€™s built upon Microsoft-owned assets that were never lawfully released or authorized for this purpose. As this project reverberated across the community, our team took a step back to assess the materials and explore possible avenues, while Microsoft, like any company, has a responsibility to protect its IP, code and trademarks. Itā€™s not optional in other words." (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/eldewrito-community-content)

So it looks like we will not be getting any new updates to the mod.

3 Likes

WHY MICROSOFT, WHY!!!

1 Like

They have to protect their IP, as halo online is an illegal usage. Besides you can still download and play, they canā€™t really put a stop to that

1 Like

I knew that but it sad to see this happen, well at least we have Installation 01

2 Likes

So the old art style appears to be returning in Halo Infinite. I liked the 343 designs (having gotten into halo only 4 years ago) but Iā€™m hyped as heck. And the classic music! I canā€™t wait. I wonder if there will be a story explanation for the style change again, or if theyā€™re just going to pretend the last two games always looked like this.

4 Likes

Hoping for no explanation, because we certainly didnā€™t get a good one for the 343 designs. Iā€™m glad the schism of styles is finally over, and weā€™re back to normal mostly.

3 Likes

Hopefully weā€™ll be getting a fusion of both styles, kinda like Halo Wars 2. Anyway, Iā€™m excited to see how this turns out. Hopefully 343 learned from Halo 5 in terms of making a campaign.

4 Likes

Realistically outside of Chiefā€™s new armour, there wouldnā€™t be much to explain. Forerunner stuff looks like more modern Forerunner stuff which could cause some confusion because it isnā€™t in line with what we saw on the Alpha and Delta Halos, however, those two rings also had noticeable differences .
The hog is the H4 model which appears to be the new mainline canon design for the hog, considering its use in H2A.
The Battle Rifles are just the H4/5 ones.
The reach style marine gear in black could also be a point of confusion alongside Chief, but when you consider this game will likely be taking place around May 2560 itā€™s not hard to believe that the UNSC forces linked with what I assume to be infinity have had there resources stretched over the last year and a half, forcing them to use older tech. Even if said old tech is the gross Reach gear, for the marines at least.

I imagine that we will get an explanation, the real question is if it follows the MK VI situation where the nanobots explanation was given through interviews and not the actual game.

All that being said the ā€œTrailerā€ is nothing more then tech demo to show off the engine so I would imagine everything is subject to change.

Judging by the ā€œtrailerā€ and the fact that the current art director for Halo is one of the people form HW2 that is likely the case.

3 Likes

I know a lot of people loathe the idea of Halo having a battle royale mode, but honestly the concept of taking a drop pod onto an island on a Halo ring and fighting other Spartans/Elites while hordes of flood slowly converge on all sides sounds pretty cool to me. Obviously thatā€™s just hypothetical.

4 Likes

That does sound really cool. Plus it could mean the return of playable Elites.

3 Likes

Raid on Apex 7 in Warzone

2 Likes

I have to say I am one of them, while everyone is entitled to an opinion I really donā€™t see much of the appeal for battle royale. Granted I havenā€™t really played anything overly related to battle royale for a very long time. Not saying that battle royale is bad or that it couldnā€™t be pulled off well, obviously, it could be but I would rather see the resources that would go into a battle royale game mode elsewhere. Like an improved and renamed Phonix logs system or the return of animated terminals granted the team that animates the terminals isnt part of 343 so I donā€™t see why a battle royale game mode would take away from terminals but Iā€™m sure you get my drift.

3 Likes

I would LOVE for Halo to have a Battle Royale mode; I respect that the game mode is quickly becoming played out, but I can see it working out so well for the Halo franchise. The variety of guns, vehicles, and items make it a prime candidate for that kind of mode. The loot pool would be immense, and the police vests, helmets, and backpacks of a game like PUBG could very easily be replaced with armor sets and utility packs from Halo. Itā€™d be a match made in heaven!

ā€¦

My thoughts on Halo Infinite: cautious optimism. As someone who hated practically every aspect of Halo 5: Guardians, Iā€™ve been carefully monitoring the Halo community and 343ā€™s public statements over the last few years and Iā€™m decently hopeful that theyā€™re moving in a positive direction for the franchise. Several key players behind Halo 5 are no longer with the company, specifically Halo 5ā€™s writer, Brian Reed, so the story aspect should hopefully be improved. I just want a return to greatness for the franchise as itā€™s one of my most loved series still, and Iā€™m gonna be following Infiniteā€™s development with rabid interest.

-Mesonak

5 Likes