Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Leo nodded. “Do anything you need to…”

2 Likes

“That’s a job of medic. Well our secondary job, our main job is to try and not to kill as many patients while we work.” She giggled.

2 Likes

Samuel and Sarah continued firing.
“is Leo okay?” Samuel asked Kaitlynn.

2 Likes

“He’s got some wounds, but nothing I haven’t dealt with before.”

2 Likes

“Thanks Kaitlynn.” Samuel said.

Leo finished fixing the elbow part of his arm. “I’ll need some parts for the rest…” he said as he reattached it.

2 Likes

“No problem.” She said as she sat Leo down behind cover far from where they could be attacked. “Alright Leo. Let’s see what’s broken today.” She said begging to look him over.

2 Likes

“Could you pass me the cloth in my bag?” Leo asked Kaitlynn. “I need to cover my arm.”

2 Likes

She opened his bag and hanged him it. “I don’t see how this could help hide it. Anyway, you have some fractured ribs and a broken leg. And some bruises and cuts. I mean…Leo, why did you go charging in like that? You almost broke your other arm too.”

2 Likes

“I blacked out… I just feel like an idiot for doing this…” Leo said as he put the cloth on his shoulder.

2 Likes

“At least your alive.”

2 Likes

“I guess…” Leo said. “Can we never mention this after today?” He asked awkwardly.

2 Likes

“Well I won’t, but I don’t know about everyone one else.” She teased, beginning to patch him up

2 Likes

“Do you think I’ll be able to walk or at least stand?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

“Yes you’ll be able to walk, unless you don’t wanna. Then just give me the word, and I’ll fix that.”

2 Likes

“Sweet… I’ll be able to do it then.” Leo said in relief.

2 Likes

“Do what?”

2 Likes

“Um… I was planning to ask Kyanna if she was interested in courting with me…” Leo said awkwardly.

2 Likes

Kyanna had drawn a little too much attention for her liking, jackals and grunts swarmed her, the grunts she put down with ease while getting past the jackal shields proved difficult. Thankfully she was able to use her own shield to block most shots but she still recurved burns on her back, legs, and one on her sword arm. The covenant troops indeed looked somewhat confused when she simply giggled and enjoyed being shot which gave her a small advantage

3 Likes

Kaitlynn went silent. “Okay…well, can I just give you some advice. Get to really know her and don’t skip to the point.”

2 Likes

“We’ve dueled once or twice before this mission. I have tried talking to her too.” Leo answered. “Sky keeps telling me I should ask her today.”

2 Likes