Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Celosia was no longer dead.

“Zoo wee mama” she said.

1 Like

“mmmm what?” Beth said as she awoke and yawned

2 Likes

Grace awkwardly sat beside Sarah.

Sky contacted the LR

“Captain Sky? Thought we lost you, but its good to see you. We jumped into a Drone planet. Jasper just talked them into joining us to fight the Brutes… Apparently the Drones were once space faring, until something called the Great Cataclysm happened. It tore their solar system apart, Paamo is one of the few thriving hive worlds that were sucked in to a black hole, it was spat back out here.” Captain Frost explained. “Return to the Short Straw.” She added

1 Like

“Sky…what are you gonna do about your situation?” Blake asked

2 Likes

“Hello, Protector. You have been deceased for many a moment… We don’t have much time though.” A holy light shone before Celosia.

“Slap something on to my leg.” Sky said.

1 Like

“I don’t think it’s gonna be that easy. And you’re gonna have to wait till your legs fully healed first, I assume.”

2 Likes

“It’ll have to work.” Sky said.

1 Like

A small floating object circled around a Celosia’s head. It appeared to b made of several triangles, with a blue glowing light in the centre.

“Good, you are awake, guardian” The object said “I am your ghost, and we have work to do.”

“What is happening?” Celosia responded, her body aching.

“You died, left unburied among these trees” The ghost responded.

“How?” Celosia asked.

“You have been given the gift of light” Her ghost answered.

She grabbed her head, and stood, looking around the empty forest in silence.

2 Likes

Sarah hugged Grace and looked over to Kiana. She waved at her.

Ana went to the controls of the condor.

2 Likes

Celosia began trekking through the forest, growing used to her new life with each step.

2 Likes

(and thus the fall of HD shall soon begin)

@Winterstorm345
“Still got those cigars?” he asked her, spinning his knife in his hand from boredom.

5 Likes

“yeah” Jess nods she hands him one

2 Likes

He smiled and hang on to it. “When we get to the ship, we can enjoy them. Besides, this can be our little reward for surviving that mess.”

2 Likes

“don’t crush it, they’re very delicate”

2 Likes

“I know, this ain’t my first.”

2 Likes

The Condor soon arrived at the Short Straw, and Sky tried to get up.

1 Like

Kaitlynn walked over and helped her up. “Come on let’s get you to the med bay.” She said putting her arm over her shoulder and helping her out.

Blake walked out of the pelican and stretched, still holding onto the cigar. Jäger came and rubbed his head on his leg. “Yeah boy, We’re home.” Blake said patting his head

2 Likes

Artemis walks off the condor and begins mimicking Jäger’s movements.

2 Likes

Blake chuckles finding it funny how Jäger grew annoyed with it and began to run away. “Ha, guess he doesn’t like new things.”

3 Likes

Kyanna heard a notification on her datapad and saw daylight had returned, she smiled knowing the others were back. So she left her room and went to the hangar to meet everyone “you are all back” Kyanna said happily, but her smile faded when she saw how wounded everyone was, and her face went pale the instant she saw sky

2 Likes