Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Sniper… There’s a Brute weapon called the Corpser, it fires a large blamite shard that explodes on impact. My leg took the equivalent of an anti tank round.” Sky explained.

1 Like

“then you are so unbelievably lucky to just be missing one leg… and even luckier to be alive… since one of the standard sized crystals is all it will take to blow your limbs off” Kyanna said

2 Likes

Leo nodded in agreement. “You’ve gotten very lucky Sky.”
Ana caught up to them. “I can take her.”

2 Likes

“ana, you, like all the others since all of you are wounded, should be getting rest and heal, do not worry about sky, the ship doctors will make sure she is okay” Kyanna said

3 Likes

“I’m okay… I’m not hurt at all. I’d rather stay with Sky.” Ana answered.

2 Likes

Catina’s glass of Wine was nearly empty. And no, Aries had not shown up at all.

“Oh for for ■■■■’s sake.” Catina mumbled as she finished her glass of Wine. “Am I going to have to go looking for her? Or better yet, steal a Condor and go to Gahlogali? Even the ■■■■■■ up plants give more of a ■■■■ about me than some of the people around here.” She thought as she started braiding her hair again.

“I’ll give her until I am done with this, then I’ll swing by the medical bay to have my wound looked at, and maybe be prescribed some pain killers. Then try looking for her, starting with whichever room she was assigned to I suppose.”

3 Likes

After cleaning herself up, performing maintenance on her gun, and changing out of her armor Beth walked over to Catina’s room and knocked on the door, hoping to actually spend time with her for once.

1 Like

The sound of Alice’s muffled voice got Spetz halfway up on the pelican.
“Hey can you hear me?! You need medical attention! Get up! Hey!” Alice said knowing Spetz was completely out of it.
Spetz mumbled something un-recognizable to Alice and fell and hit the floor as he walked out of the door.
“Time to call the medical sector!” Alice said in a panicked voice as she called them over to Spetz position.

1 Like

“Aww.” Sky said, holding Ana for support.

Catina sighed, knowing what Beth’s knock sounded like. And Catina answered the door, having half of her hair in a plait, the other half still down. “Yes?” Catina asked Beth, trying to mask her overall annoyed mood.

1 Like

Beth hugged Catina “i wanted to check in make sure you’re okay… you got hurt really bad out there” she said as she pulled away

1 Like

“I may not be allowed on the front lines for a short while, and added to the list of reasons we need a flash cloner.” Catina said. “Then in a minute, I was going to head to the medical bay to have this wound looked at some more.”

1 Like

“Ana, you’re making Sky really hard to carry.” Leo said.

Ana nodded and backed away.

2 Likes

Aries invaded their room. “Cat, jokes aside, your daughter is adorable.” Aries said.

Sky found herself in the medbay, but happy to be with what now she considered a brother, a sister, and the love of her life. They were her family. She wasn’t mad that she’d also consider Nos her brother as well. F*ck Cabis though.

4 Likes

Catina both smiled and rolled her eyes at Aries’ comment about Beth. “I was losing hope you would show up. And I was about to do the sensible thing, and go to the med bay to have my wound examined closely.” Catina told Aries.

" Should I still go there before anything else? And of course, I cannot let anyone else see me like this." Catina stated, referring to her hair being in only one pigtail at the moment. The other half not braided.

1 Like

“She isn’t yours?” Aries asked.

1 Like

“When will you be able to walk again?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

“Soon, hun.” Sky said. “Whenever I get my new leg.”

1 Like

“Actually, no.” Catina said. “As far as I know, Beth had been raised by Kig-Yar, just as I had been raised by ONI…she was just luckier with her surrogate family than I.”

1 Like

Leo nodded. “Well now what?” He asked.

2 Likes