Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Artemis is intrigued, she watches intently.

Kate drums her fingers on her knee

1 Like

Catina sighed. “Alright. I shouldn’t waste time with healing up either. I should be physically ready for round two with those Brutes.” Catina turned and walked back into the med bay, to have the plasma burn looked at.

1 Like

When the simulation was finished, another dummy was pulled into the ring, except it was different. It was more human like, if acted like a simple automaton, it looked around in a choppy motion. Kaitlynn let the simulation began as Jäger ran deeper into the ring and dissapeared into the foilage. Kaitlynn couldn’t see him, but she knew he was near that dummy, that he would pounce on it, but when he would is the question.

1 Like

“um… mother was horribly sick… when i left she stopped eating, and rarely spoke to anyone… The fact that she was alive amazes me considering how weak she had become…” Kyanna said as she looked to the floor

“Cat what’s wrong?” Beth asked as she stayed close to her

1 Like

“Nothing some time at a target range, and taking on those Brutes a second time won’t fix.” Catina told Beth.

“And would I be able to have some anesthetic injected into this burn, instead of pain killers?” Catina asked Ana. “They would affect my ability to fight, while anesthetic should just numb this wound and it should barely hurt anymore when the numbness wears off.”

1 Like

Ana nodded. “Come let’s take care of it.”

“But she’s okay now.” Leo said. “I went hunting ome day… that was interesting to say the least.”

2 Likes

“yes but i was worried when one of our hunting trips lasted until midnight because our catch kept avoiding us” Kyanna said giggling

1 Like

“Ha! Gay!” Aries laughed from down the hall.

Two Marines carried a prosthetic leg in to Sky, giving her a tutorial on how to operate it, and left. Sky stood up and immediately tripped into Leo’s arms.

1 Like

“You okay?” Leo asked helping her stand up. “Ya… that hunt was fun though.” He smiled.

2 Likes

Beth flipped Aries off and returned her attention to Catina “you should just not bother with her any more, you’re wasting your time since all she does is insult you”

1 Like

“Ha! Two black eyes, broken nose, and missing some teeth!” Catina yelled back to Aries.

“Almost.” Catina said. “I need to stop putting off being patched up. But you know she’ll have a little accident soon, I can feel it.”

1 Like

Beth giggled hearing Catina yell at the tumor with legs “what kind of accident?”

2 Likes

Ana lead Catina into a room. “Just take a seat on the bed while I get my supplies ready.”

“Anything else you think we should share about our trip?” Leo asked Kyanna.

1 Like

“not that i can think of…” Kyanna said

1 Like

“I don’t know exactly. I’m kinda winging it right now, But you would think people wouldn’t assume I am an ideal target to be bullied, first off when you consider me in a tank top = slightly bigger arms than an S-IV in underarmor.” Catina said to Beth.

“And however long this takes, will be the head start Aries is given.” Catina added.

1 Like

Leo nodded, “Oh right and those Sangheili really pack a punch… mainly when I don’t have armor…”

“It’ll take me about 30 minutes to make sure it’s all okay.” Ana said.

2 Likes

“at first i was surprised to only see a few broken ribs instead of a caved in chest but then i remembered you were a demon” Kyanna said as she giggled more

2 Likes

The dummy looked around the simulation, while it might be a simple machine used for training, it was still meant to simulate a actual person. Jäger crept quietly on the ledge, before making a quick dash for the ditch. The dummy turned around at the sound of him landing into the ditch. Staying still. Waiting a few seconds before moving again. Inching closer and closer till the dummy until finally, he lunged at it from it’s side and roared at it. His claws cut into its “skin” and locked him into it as he knocked it down and quickly moved to rip its right arm off with ease, before finally biting into where it’s Brain would be and dragging it off. synthetic blood had poured from the open wounds and left a small puddle along with the signs that Jäger had dragged it off.

2 Likes

Spetz acted confused since he had never been to the med-bay before. He instantly shot up but felt a pain so terrible he crumbled down back to the bed letting out a load groan of pain.

2 Likes

“Did I win that fight? I can’t remember. I just know when it ended I collapsed.” Leo asked.

Ana began to work on Catina.

2 Likes