Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Ok, well, the mess hall is down here?”

1 Like

She nodded and lead her to it. “Get whatever you want or eat.” She said

1 Like

Kate’s eyes widen “You mean I get to choose?”

1 Like

“Sure, I don’t see why not.” The door opened behind them and she turned around to see Blake and Jäger enter the mess hall.

1 Like

Kate runs happily over to the food counter. “Hmm, let’s see, I want some of that, some of that, some of that, some of that, some of that some of that, some of that, and definitely some of that!” she says happily, pointing at everything she wanted.

The poor marine on KP looks dumbfounded.

Jess follows Blake into the Mess, hurriedly wiping her face.

1 Like

“Okay calm down kid, don’t order too much.” Kaitlynn said patting her head as Blake went to grab a tray. “Where you been?” She asked him.

“Took a nap, why?” He said.

“Because We’re trying to see how common Jäger and Artemis are.” She responded.

1 Like

Kate taps her foot impatiently while the Marine grabs what she asked for.

“We could do some blood work on them” Jess suggests, getting into line behind Blake “check for shared Genes”

1 Like

“We can do that. It sounds like the best thing to do. Because I’m curious as well.”

2 Likes

Jess nods, “ok, we can head down to the Med bay after eating. How was your nap Blake?”

1 Like

“Good, after that whole mess. It felt nice to just relax without worrying something could kill me.” He said grabbing a tray of food.

2 Likes

Overhearing the moans of pain a nurse quietly walked in and stared at him
“Oh…your awake…” she said looking at her notepad as she started to right stuff down
“Where am I?..” Spetz said sitting up on the bed as he started to feel his chest

1 Like

“I’m Glad you enjoyed it” She grabs her tray, and looks at Kate, waiting for her, “Would you like to sit with us Kate?”

Kate grabs her tray, “Oh, uh sure, Jaime will probably wanna join the table then too though…”

1 Like

“I don’t mind if he does.” Blake said grabbing another tray of food for Jäger as he goes to find a place to sit down.

2 Likes

Jess follows Blake to the table, and sits across from him

Kate follows and immediately sits next to Jess, setting down her Tray, which has literally some of everything.

1 Like

“Sure you can eat all that kid?” He asked her setting the other tray down for Jäger as he began to devour it. Kaitlynn sat next to her brother. “Who knows maybe she could.” She told him

1 Like

“You know… I never compared Catina’s blood to the rest of Daylight’s to see if she was related to someone… I should do that…” Ana said outloud to herself.
“No need to ma’am, I already did.” Hermes said popping up on one of the screens.
“So I guess there was nothing…” Ana said.
“Not really, she’s related to two people that’s have been associated or are on Daylight.” He responded.
“Can I see the results?” She asked.
“Oh, that’s not for you to know. It’s her blood work I used after all. I’ll send her the results now. If you’re curious you could ask her yourself.” He said sending Catina the results.
“Fine… wait, why didn’t you tell her before?” She asked.
“She dented our pelican, remember.” He answered annoyed.
Ana nodded. “Well I’ll go back and see how Sky is doing.”
Hermes nodded and disappeared.

“Oh you got your prosthetic!” Ana said hugging Sky.

1 Like

Jess giggles, and subtly winks at Blake

Kate begins eating, as Jaime slowly materialises behind her,

“Oh, you got me some food, thanks” he says sitting down

“Back off old man, this is mine”

“Sorry, gotta check for poison” he says grabbing a fork and taking a bit of food

2 Likes

“Your in the med bay?” The nurse asked confused
“Why where else would you be at?” She asked
“Um…I don’t know…I don’t remember…a lot…” Spetz said looking around the place

1 Like

Blake smiles at her and begins to eat

Kaitlynn chuckles at his comment. “I’m sure this is all poison, just by the way it tastes.”

2 Likes

Jaime looks at Kaitlynn for a solid minute, then resumes eating

1 Like