Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Kaitlynn popped her neck and dawned her helmet. “You get your suit on, I’ll go prepare the arena.”

1 Like

“She doesn’t speak much, but don’t take it to hard” Lobster said, stepping down from the machine, and rolling his shoulders “She barely speaks to any of us”

One of the Jackals, a bizzare looking T’vaoan, stood from where he sat, and walked towards Santiago. He held a strange vial in his hand, offering it to the human.

“What is this one?” Santiago asked dryly.

“It helps focus, in theory” the Jackal answered, rubbing his hands together.

“This doesn’t seem like the time to test something like this” Santiago said, holding the strange liquid close to his face.

“It is a prototype, to help Lobster” The jackal whispered.

“I will consider it” Santiago looked over to where Lobster and Bridget where standing, and tucked the vial away “Thank you, Dok”

1 Like

Kiana waved to sarah as she awoke “sleep well?” she asked as she giggled

1 Like

Sarah nodded with a smile.

“Okay, sounds good.” Samuel said before he ran off.

Ana smiled as she saw Catina and Mariana. “Can we sit with them?” She asked.

2 Likes

“that’s good” Kiana said

2 Likes

Kaitlynn walked into the gymnasium and began to set up the ring. “Alright, double check everything. Medical staff on standby.” She said. “Alright we are good to go, now to see what Samuel knows.”

2 Likes

“Mariana, from Earth.” Mariana said. “I do actually have a first name. And it’s nice to meet you too Aries.”

1 Like

“Sure.” Sky carried Ana to them, sitting with her in her lap. “Hi!” Sky smiled.

“The pleasure is all mine, Mrs. Da Sa.” Aries said.

“Oh ok…” Bridget said. “She seems really nice… Well, as nice as people like us can be.”

1 Like

“She probably has the best heart on this piece of junk” Lobster said.

2 Likes

“You’re sweet… But Miss Andrade would be accurate.” Mariana said. “And Catina’s real name is Catina Araci Andrade.”

“The last name I go by, Da Sa, that was beat into my head by ONI.” Catina said.“And that part of their brainwashing & indoctrination sort of worked on me, but like the smoothers I needed so they could better control me. I may abandon that last name.”

1 Like

“Yeah…” Bridget said. “And you’re pretty nice too.” She punched him lightly on the shoulder.

“Oh, sorry Mrs. Andrade!” Aries blushed.

1 Like

(because of squeaver having sky magically teleport away from leygall, we are restarting the conversation they were having lol)

Nos found Sky and Ana in the mess deck, he tapped sky on the shoulder “Sky… do you have a moment to talk?”

2 Likes

Sky kissed Ana on the cheek. “If I take too long just wait for me at our room.” Sky said. “Sure.” Sky said

1 Like

“It’s ok.” Mariana said. “And you’re correct. Mrs. or Senhora is a title given to Brazilian women who are married, or are older.”

“If you would excuse me for one second.” Mariana said, before pulling out her Data Pad and sending a message to her first officer. Asking him for the ETA to Farius Prime.

1 Like

Kaitlynn stepped into the ring and waited for Samuel to show up, she began pacing back and forth to keep herself occupied.

2 Likes

Nos pulled sky away and walked down the halls with her until they were a good distance away from daylight, where they wouldn’t hear them speaking. "sky… the real reason Resa was helping me move is… because i had a nightmare… and afterwards all i could see was this one image, burned into my vision… of a female sangheili, with her empty bleeding eye sockets staring at me…

3 Likes

“Oh, almost there.” Butch replied.

“Yes, Señora.” Aries nodded politely.

“That sounds horrible… Could you identify her?” Sky asked. “Was it because of the Black Moons or Borli Keep?”

1 Like

“It turns out that we are almost to our destination. So I’m needed on the bridge, and you two might want to get your armor and weapons ready.” Mariana said as she stood up, ignoring the fact that she was hungry when she chose to talk to Catina, and also Aries.

1 Like

“no i do not recognize her at all… i also remember one other thing from it… high charity” Leygall said

2 Likes

Aries nodded.

“Were you there?” Sky asked. “Like, previously?”

1 Like