Heritage and Genetics Topic

First off, you need another period right there.

Second off, there is no evidence to suggest he DIDN’T have children. After all, much is unknown about his personal life.

Also, I’d need to ask my grandpa about it, because he’s the one who knows about this. He told me the line of Wallace that was related to him (by child or like Leo said, possibly cousin or sibling) eventually became the name Curtis, and eventually changed again once my great grandma was married. (I won’t disclose last names of my grandpa or great grandma).

3 Likes

I’m gonna take a stab at them though. Is it McAnonymous? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

i have family in america with the last name Mc??? something

[quote=“Chronicler, post:66, topic:12566”]
First off, you need another period right there.

Second off, there is no evidence to suggest he DIDN’T have children. After all, much is unknown about his personal life.

Also, I’d need to ask my grandpa about it, because he’s the one who knows about this. He told me the line of Wallace that was related to him (by child or like Leo said, possibly cousin or sibling) eventually became the name Curtis, and eventually changed again once my great grandma was married. (I won’t disclose last names of my grandpa or great grandma).
[/quote] honestly all i can imagine is you Leading a charge of Scotsman wearing a Kaukau to fight the English

Neigh, lad. Not even close.

Further into it, eventually around the 1800’s my great great grandpa and his brothers left Illinois into the great plains. Each brother stopped at a certain city in the covered wagon, with my great great grandpa being the last one of the brothers to end up at a city, which was in Montana. (Don’t remember which city).

While my great great grandpa was going hunting once in Montana, he was confronted by a tribe on Native Americans. However, he began to act like he was mad, for he knew that Natives have a religious belief that it was bad luck to kill a crazy man, so they let him go.

That’s really all I know about my ancestry heritage. My grandpa grew up during WWII, so I could tell you stories he told me about what life was like during that time.

4 Likes

ah

my Great grandfather fought in WWII

For the axis however. :c

2 Likes

That sounds like a story Davy Crockett would tell. You’ve got a cool family.

3 Likes

It has most likely been exaggerated

That’s absurd :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Chronicler That’s an awesome story. :thumbsup:

While we’re talking about historical figures we’re related to, I’m a distant cousin of Abraham Lincoln! We’re both descended from a man called Richard Lincoln, iirc, who lived in England circa 1600. I’m also descended from one of the signers of the Mayflower Compact.

2 Likes

Well, that’s from my mama’s side. Don’t know too much of my dad’s ancestry. To tell you the truth, I think my mother’s side is more into preserving their history than my dad’s.

Doubt it. There were a lot more Natives out in the Great Plains back then, and no doubt most settlers came across them. Not to mention many of the settlers would tell others their experiences and give handy tips. Plus, I don’t see how once can exaggerate an easy escape of death like that. Now, if it was said he held up a whole tribe with a stick, I’d doubt it. But that’s not the case.

1 Like

Over time over generations most story get very Exaggerated

i do have a few story from my grandparents but they’re not really fun
just some tales quite boring though

I don’t see how once can exaggerate an easy escape of death like that. Now, if it was said he held up a whole tribe with a stick, I’d doubt it. But that’s not the case. In this case, he managed to escape death before they surrounded him by acting insane, a tactic many settlers in Montana knew at the time.

@Chronicler is a descendant of John Martson.

I don’t care what you say, it officially my headcanon.

Don’t see how when his last name would have been Curtis. :stuck_out_tongue:

unless it was written down it’s probably been exaggerated To sound more cool

Here is a story my Grandfather told me about

he told me that his Fathers father Was a part of a German Colonial group in Africa And helped in WW1 out there

Shhh.

It’s called being an outlaw with many names.

Again, that’s not the case for tons of stories. One doesn’t write down their attempt of escaping a tribe of Natives to their daughter (or was it granddaughter? I don’t remember which). They tell them orally.

As for your story about WW1, I could easily say the same. Was it written down? Or where you told this story?

Was written down in his fathers fathers journal

[quote=“Chronicler, post:82, topic:12566”]
Again, that’s not the case for tons of stories. One doesn’t write down their attempt of escaping a tribe of Natives to their daughter (or was it granddaughter? I don’t remember which). They tell them orally.
[/quote] I’d write down an encounter with Cannibals/Tribes

I should actually contribute to this

My last name could be considered Italian, despite being entirely of Hispanic heritage.

Also, according to my dad, my great-great grandfather just took the last name, or something.

I don’t know either.

It makes me think I’m somewhat Italian, which would explain why me and my dad are pale, and why I burn instead of tan.

1 Like

Why? Who’s gonna read it besides his own family? He doesn’t need to. He can tell family and friends.

It makes sense for your great grandpa because he was in WW1. However, my great great grandpa wasn’t writing in a journal or to his family. He had his family with him to tell the tale.