Heritage and Genetics Topic

Oh wow I’m late to the party.

My mother’s parents were from Germany, and my father’s parents were from Greece. Both of my parents were from America, so I’m American, German, and Greek.

5 Likes

WELCOME DISTANT COUSIN TO OUR FOLD! :smiley:

2 Likes

Ay lad, good to be in the fold! Shall I don a kilt? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I try to remain positive about being 1/4 Scottish, but all that comes to mind is this guy.

4 Likes

pretty sure i’m too mixed to be considered anything besides caucasian… yay for boring and unclear heritage

4 Likes

caucasian would be just plain white

i found out i’m related to polish people a few days back and finland

1 Like

Wait, you don’t think of this guy?

5 Likes

I’m quite sure that some “ethnicities”, including some Hispanics, count as Caucasian.

That may or may not have been racist.

4 Likes

from wiki
“Racism consists of ideologies and practices that exhibit hatred or prejudice towards, different racial groups. It is often based on a desire to dominate or a belief in the inferiority of another race”
it was not racist

1 Like

Caucasian is a decently broad spectrum when it comes to skin color, that’s why it’s stupid it’s used by the system to say just white people lol. So ya you were right about that and not racist.

4 Likes

White Caucasian, English. My surname, Hammond, has French origins.

I guess you could say this about me.

[quote=“NoCashValue, post:112, topic:12566”]
too mixed to be considered anything besides caucasian
[/quote]I don’t even know half of my heritage besides the fact I have a bit of German and Filipino and a lot other things.

4 Likes

I’m a descendant of the Swedish blacksmith family, Wård. Wich dates back to the 18th century as far as I know. (I don’t know about my mom’s side though)
100% Swedish I’ve heard somewhere that we came from Finland. But don’t take my word for it.

3 Likes

So for all we know you could be descended from the aliens who kidnapped Elvis.

4 Likes

Must explain why he likes DC so much.

sorrynotsorry

4 Likes

~50% German
~25% Italian (Though I look 65% Italian)
~20% English
~3% Cherokee
~2% Other races I most likely have (one of which may or may not be french, my dad isn’t sure)

Born: Connecticut, America

3 Likes

That’s quite the cocktail you’ve got going on there…

2 Likes

Most Americans are this, even if they don’t know it.

5 Likes

My heritage is slightly complex. My mom was born on the east coast of the U.S. to American parents, but she and my grandmother then moved to England when she was young. My grandmother then remarried, but this time to an English man, a writer called Tom Sharpe (search him up). My mom then married my dad who had English parents. They then moved back to the United States because of my dad’s job, but this time on the west coast. Soon after that, I was born

Currently, I consider myself about 65% English and 45% American, however I do have a small bit of Australian heritage and heritage from some other European countries

2 Likes

1/2 mexican
1/2 french

Born: Arizona US

1 Like