Heritage and Genetics Topic

Do you have an outrageous accent?

1 Like

Serbian as of both of my parents line, but I also have some Croatian, Hungarian, Montenegrin (who are also Serbs), Greek, and even Polish noble blood.

1 Like

So you could be a king?

Nobility =/= Royalty.

5 Likes

Sounds pretty similar to me.

(Deep breath)- get ready for this, guys.

Irish, English, Scottish, Black Irish(not a typo), Polish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Serbian, Russian, and Cherokee.

2 Likes

Brother!

3 Likes

OMG, no way you have Serbian heritage. Thats awesome :smiley:

I can theorize that one parent has the Irish, English, Scottish, Black Irish, and Cherokee descendants, while the other is Polish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Serbian and Russianā€¦them be travelling a lot.

Surprisingly close, dude; my mom is Irish, English, Scottish, Black Irish, Cherokee, and Serbian. One grandparent is just Serbian, the other is the other five.

My dad is, indeed, all the eastern european nationalities.

The Slavic Blood is strong with this one.

1 Like

English.
But further back, Scandinavian.
(Yes, Vikings)
:grinning:

1 Like

So my dad has the dominating genes, and his ancestry from roughly 320 AD to almost 1400 AD is Scandinavian, from then to 1700 is Celtic, and the rest is here in the US. That being said, since I have Celtic and Viking genes, I should be this tall, buff guy. However, my body was like ā€œWell, your mom has Polish genes, sooo letā€™s give you the looks of a Celt/Viking, but also have you be super short and skinny. Also, letā€™s give you a super rapid metabolism so you canā€™t gain weight or muscle. Youā€™re welcome.ā€

So yeah.

For some reason it wonā€™t let me edit my comment, so do your thing @Waj

Anyway, Iā€™ve been researching my ancestry the last couple days, finding these new and interesting additions:

If youā€™ve seen Halo Forward Unto Dawn, this name might sound familiar

I couldnā€™t find the screenshots, but others include Marcus Aurrelius, Julius Caesar, Charlemagne I, Roger Williams, and several kings of Troy

6 Likes

For quite a while Iā€™ve been planning of doing this DNA test. I want to take two of them, just to be sure. One of them would definitely be My Heritage, but I donā€™t know about the other. If you have any idea, let me know.

Anyway, I am most than likely 100% Romanian, and close to. Both of my parents identify as such. All four of my grandparents identified as such, and seeing that almost all if not all of them were born in the Kingdom of Romania before WWII, I kinda tend to believe them.
If I would have another blood in me, at least remotely, it would probably be either Hungarian (because of the big Hungarian minority living in Romania, and because the families of my great grandpa and of my grandpa (my momā€™s grandpa on her motherā€™s side and father) apparently come from Transylvania and her proximity, where the Hungarians live) or Greek, Bulgarian or Serbian, due to the inexplicable attraction that I have for these people (especially for the Serbs), tho this isnā€™t really much of an argument.

I was a genetic science project from mauritana. I have two right hands, two left feet, and three eyes on the right side of my face. My mother was a hamster and my father smelled of elderberries. Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead a normal life is no longer an option.

I guess european/filthy american, I know I descended from royalty but it doesnā€™t pay the bills

3 Likes

Ditto. Iā€™m descended from the 13th, (or was 14th?) Earl of the Isle of Skye, but he ended up on the wrong side of the war of the Roses and had to run.

I asked my parents for an Ancestry DNA test and Family Tree for Christmas (to which they reacted with weird looks)

Iā€™ll post the results when/if I have them.

I want to get a DNA test soon, probably for Christmas, but weā€™ll have to wait and see how correct I am.

As of right now though, I know that a good majority of my family comes from Irish descent. My fatherā€™s side is Irish(with a little bit of Scot and English in there, though not a lot), And my motherā€™s motherā€™s family was also Irish.

Meanwhile, my motherā€™s father was of German/Prussian descent.

Other than that Iā€™m not sure about my family heritage, but I was born in the Northeast US.

Bit of an update to this topic: I actually managed to trace my ancestry and man I was mistaken on some heritage things. However, I also uncovered some great things about it.

For one, I am mostly English/Scottish (motherā€™s side) and German (fatherā€™s side). It explains the last names of my grandparents. Secondly, my heritage is filled mostly with working people, however a few have some significanceā€¦

• The first ancestor was an English knight named Sir John Curteis, who served at Kirkstall Abbey most of his life in the 14th century. His son, also named Sir John, would become a squire and marry Lady Maria Birdseye. Quite a few generations later, his family would arrive in the New World somewhere in New England. This would lead to my great great great grandfather, named William Wallace Curtis, settling in Montana.

• On my fatherā€™s side, my 4th great grandfather (whom I shall not name for he shares my last name) would come to America in the great migration wave of the 1880ā€™s. He was a German.

The most significant of my ancestry, however, was my 9th great grandparents. Part of a Sepratist society in the Netherlands, William and Susanna White joined the rest of the Adventurers on the Mayflower, eager to get to the New World. They would arrive in 1620, and Susanna would give birth to her first son, named Peregrine (my 8th great grandfather) as they finally arrived in Plymouth, Massachusetts. (He would be the first European born in New England.) William White would be one of the men to sign the Mayflower Compact.

Unfortunately in the winter, William White would die of illness and left his wife a widow. She would remarry to Edward Winslow. (Thus, Winslow is my step-9th great grandfather!) Later she and the rest of the colonists would participate in a harvest feast with the Wampanoag people.

So yeah, if you see in any Thanksgiving paintings a woman with a young daughter and son, thatā€™s my 9th great grandmother. Needless to say, Thanksgiving has become a very respected holiday in my family now.

Why was this forgotten? Well, my great grandfather, Vernon, was a pretty careless man and didnā€™t care for my grandfather. He died in obscurity and so the family history was lost.

My grandfather lamented to me in 2018 that he knew nothing of his fatherā€™s ancestry, only the English/Scottish ancestry of his mother, the Curtis/McWaids. I bugged my grandpaā€™s relatives about it and finally got enough information to dig up my great grandfatherā€™s birthday and death day, which exploded my search when I used ancestry.com. Needless to say, after showing my grandpa the family tree, he no longer laments. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got some Scottish got some Irish got some German.
EDIT Scottish Stuart clan

2 Likes

1/2 Korean 1/2 mixed European. My cheek bones that ā€œpeople would kill forā€/ā€œI could kill withā€ are from my Korean grandmother.