How does one design an interesting library layout?

I’m working on this library layout for a project I’m working on. I wanted to go for an elaborate, circular library. This is what I’ve draw so far.

The tan colored is the wooden floor. The thick black lines would be bookshelves/walls. Don’t worry about the grey, it’s nothing, literally nothing. I was trying to go for a magical(ish) library layout, but I’m having trouble coming with a design. This would be the bottom floor. So, how does one design an engaging, interesting library layout?
(I think this would go in Ask [category], but I could be wrong.)

5 Likes

Looks pretty good.

does it have doors or is it a magical library that traps people in it

Well, why would it need doors?

To stare into the abyss. So it can stare back at you

1 Like

fair point. I guess I can add on to the library.

You should check out some local libraries for inspiration.

2 Likes

A little context on the project itself could help with the design - Form usually follows function.

1 Like

It’s for one of my RPs and is its own realm.I wanted the aesthetic of a library but basically the function of a puzzle and arena. I’m thinking of having about 5 floors.

Spiral the bookshelves maze-style and follow the curve of the circle instead of trying to make square shelves fit :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This is what I ended up with. I drew it without dead ends in a fashion where I can easily add the dead ends practically where ever.
@LTVmocs The doors will be on the fifth floor.

2 Likes