How much of G1's story have you seen? [Survey]

The survey has reached 200 responses between the sites I submitted it to, which was the sample size I was going for. I’ve paused responses while I tally up the results, so it’ll be back up by the time this comment is up.

Results

Books

• 69% of respondents have read the Chronicles series, with the Mask of Light novelization being the lowest with 42%.
  • 70% of respondents have read the Adventures series, with a tie for lowest between Challenge of the Hordika and Time Trap, both at 41.5%.
  • 57% of respondents have read the Legends series, with The Final Battle at the lowest with 35%.
  • 32% of respondents have read the Bara Magna series, with the novelization of The Legend Reborn at the lowest with 17.5%.
  • 73% of respondents have read the guidebooks, with Mata Nui’s Guide to Bara Magna at the lowest with 9.5%.
  • 15% of respondents have read the Young Readers’s series, with Challenge of Mata Nui at the lowest with 4.5%.

Comics

• 65% of respondents have read the Mata Nui comics, with Secrets and Shadows and A Matter Of Time… at the lowest with 50.5%.
  • 60.5% of respondents have read the Metru Nui comics, with Shadow Play at the lowest with 50%.
  • 69% of respondents have read the Ignition comics, with the unnamed issue at the lowest with 50%.
  • 61% of respondents have read the Glatorian comics, with Before the Storm, Valley of Fear, and All That Glitters tied for lowest at 50%.

Serials and Short Stories

• 57% of respondents have read the web serials, with Empire of the Skrall at the lowest with 28.5%.
  • 45% of respondents have read the short stories, with Hope at the lowest with 17.5%.

Movies and Animations

• 98.5% of respondents have watched the movies, with The Legend Reborn at 79.5%.
  • 88.5% of respondents have watched the animations, with Search for the Mask of Light at the lowest with 63%.

Games

• 78% of respondents have played the canon games, with Maze of Shadows at the lowest with 23%.
  • 71% of respondents have played the non-canon games, with Matoran Adventures at the lowest with 20%.

Personal

• The most unknown category was Short Stories, with 26%.
  • Most respondents have between 25 and 75 sets, at 35%. 7.5% of respondents have 250+ sets.
  • Most respondents have a lore familiarity of 8 out of 10 with 23%. I would like the 16% that chose I can name EVERY character to prove it.
  • The TTV Channel was the least known site, with 75.5%.
  • Most respondents get their lore equally from firsthand and secondhand, with 25.5%.
  • 82.5% said yes to the project, 4% said no, and 7% unsure or thinking I meant another repository. 6.5% gave no answer.

@MataNuiNuva made a good point, and I’m going to make another survey on lore in a day or two.

13 Likes

It’s a neat piece of information.

Awesome work on this, I’m excited for the lore survey.

The irony

5 Likes

Most surveys were taken through Reddit, so there’s that.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I think I remember seeing the post about it

Just an update, I’ve had more important stuff come up, so I have to put the next survey on the back burner. Sorry to anyone waiting for it.

Late to the party here.

Took the survey, realized I’m quite the loser for never having taken the time to read the books. Seems they make for a large percentage of the storyline content.

As for the last question, I am definitely interested in a concentrated source of BIONICLE content. I’ve recently gotten my little brother into BIONICLE and he’s relentlessly diving into the story. He started on MNOG and is reading the comics, building the sets, and going for any bit of content he can get his hands on. I’ve explained to him that BIONICLE isn’t like the average kiddie story where the ankle-deep lore is all thrown at you - for BIONICLE, half of learning the lore is actively exploring it for yourself. A concentrated source of BIONICLE content would indeed reduce the frustration in hunting down the content by ones’ self.

1 Like

Indeed! :notebook_with_decorative_cover: :scroll:

Those hours stranded at my local library were well spent reading the Bionicle books.

2 Likes

After I took the survey I realized something…MAN WHAT WAS I THINKING I SHOULD’VE BOUGHT THE BOOKS WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE I CAN’T RUN FROM THAT QUESTION

“Have you read the books?”

WELL NO I’VE NEVER READ THEM
buuuuuuuuut someday I will.

People should really upload the books and stories, they are very hard to find and read up, even on the net, not to even mention physical copies outside of western countries. Heck, even comics would be hard to find if they werent uploaded on the net by now. Its been almost 20 years guys, I think its safe to upload the books now and even archive them on media archive sites.

Someone in BZP already did it.

Really? Could I have the link?

Here you go

2 Likes

Thanks man!

1 Like

so i took this survey

i uh
clicked almost every single item
i only missed a few things in 09 and the short stories

am i a geewunner yet

4 Likes

7 is almost 20?

(yeah, before you say it, I know what you mean. Still, the first books came out in 03, 15 years ago, which is still a ways from 20)

Also, there’s also this:

Which has all the books except Journey’s End and the G2 novels

~W12~

1 Like

I mean, I know I am, and all I missed was some 09 stuff, so… maybe?

1 Like

Me too!!

I don’t own any of the books and it makes me sad.

1 Like