How often do you play Sports?

I was one of the odd nerd/jock in high school I played sports all the time but I loved nerdy topics but in the of time right now of college I run and workout and lift three times a week but I play sports in the summer mostly like football and and dodge ball and baseball.

Ok
 so I did (american) football when I was younger, played as a highschool freshman as well. I also did martial arts (tang su do) and sophmore year till senior year I did swim. Now that Im in college? Um, no time, I just exercise to stay in shape. I do miss my high school swim team

I play Football (American).
I also play(ed) Baseball.
And Soccer.

I do regular Grifball matches. I play for Cyan Cobras.

1 Like

i used to play baseball. but now i never play sports. plus i hate baseball.

I played soccer 9 years ago. Now I’m forced to play sports in P.E.

(shudder)American Football(shudder)

Which sword did you use?
I used to fence a few years back, and it was by far my favourite sport. I absolutely loved the feeling of 1v1-ing somebody on the strip. One little slip-up,one little opening, and it was the perfect opportunity to reach in and hear that glorious electronic ding from the counter. Also, that smell that comes from making sparks fly off of the helmet’s mesh and the sword, man that was a good smell.

“read the manga”

1 Like

I did saber, foil, and Ă©pĂ©e. Saber was definitely my favorite, though; I could never quite get the hang of the others. Plus, it feels bit more like sword-fighting, as opposed strategically poking people with a stick, at least to me. :stuck_out_tongue: I also never got to be wired up for scoring, which would’ve been neat.

2 Likes

I mained epee, still have it and my gear in my closet. Unfortunately, though, the blade of the epee is broken, so it’s purely sentimental.

I tried out the foil a few times, didn’t like it at all. It was too light and the fact that you were limited to only the torso area was bothersome.

I liked to Saber though. Like you said, it felt like i was actually sword-fighting, and matches lasted longer on average.

1 Like

I would call that art, not so much sport :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

For the most part, I dislike sports
I do enjoy basketball, even if I am not good at it

or

horrible at it

ah yes
volleyball is quite fun too.

I tried baseball once, I found it enjoyable

insert sanic reference here

So like
My question

for you american people

Why do you call a game consisting of Throwing a ball “football”
and call a game about Kicking a ball “Soccer”

I don’t quite understand the logic behind it.
So can someone explain?

Oh and like, where I live Football (the kicking the ball football, or soccer) is extremely popular, like every park you can see a kid playing with a ball
Personally, not a big fan, yesterday I did some simple passing with the ball with my 2 and 4 year old cousins, and father and uncle, was actually quite fun.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s both? :stuck_out_tongue:

You and me, man
1v1 IRL
GO!

My only guess is that it’s because the quarterback (?) kicks the ball to start off a play (?). Or something along those lines. I don’t know much anything about football (either kind). :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm

1 Like

Would working out at the gym/lifting count as a “sport”? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I have no idea

But if it does, I can say I’m into sports and not be lying

That would make me ~5% cooler

So I hope so. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

America

That’s why

:3

1 Like

Every four years I watch the world cup. I always root for Germany, USA, and if they play, Colombia. This way I cover all of my nationalities. 2014 was a great year for me.

On the other hand, I absolutely hate American Football. For starters, how can you call an oval a ball, and how in the world is it easier to catch, its as slippery as pigskin, and on top of that, the rules make no sense. WHAT THE HECK IS A LINE OF SCRIMMAGE AND WHAT DOES 1ST AND 10 MEAN???

My rage is over

2 Likes

I don’t like football. “Let’s call it a name that makes almost no sense, then sit back and watch a bunch of big guys clobber each other.”

Nope.

I play soccer (the true football) a lot; I am also a beast a Frisbee.

Ever heard of the Aerobie disk? Best Frisbee ever. Set the record for the farthest an object has been thrown.

I think I have thrown it about a quarter of a mile a couple of times.

2 Likes

Because we run with our feet.

Idk, man.

2 Likes

America: a land of contradictions