HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Anyone got a good base / design for a toa metru looking torso? No gears.

6 Likes

Man, these legs look really nice… sadly I have no idea for the torso design you are asking for

You can just use the metru torso and friction lock the gears with a blue pin.

Not mine, all credit goes to the videos maker Lornn137

Metru torso with no gears, can be used for either male or female despite vid name.

3 Likes

Pretty bad tutorial but the design is pretty good.

Yeah I agree, guy took way to long for such a small thing, am going to use this myself sometime.

@Keravnos Right, I have one that easily fits okoto and inika/mahri ect masks(not hewkii Mahri sorry) but I actually have no idea how the Mata masks fit so… yeah. They’re pin holes, right?

So I looked the connection up and would a brain attack head with a 1x1 plate with clip attached to the back work? Or are they pins not studs? If so,
you could add one of those new technic spacer on the stud edge?
So, I have a design for a lower arm!

Howto:

##DO NOT DOUBLE, TRIPLE OR QUADRUPLE POST. If you do not read our rules again and follow them, you will be suspended. -Eljay

5 Likes

I would be able to take this more seriously if the color of the busts matched that of the rest of the armor…

7 Likes

I think I forgot to link this once I finished it, whoops.

Only 2 years too late

6 Likes

Quick question, probably’ll have another soon-ish, does anyone know how to make the drone’s head from hero factory, trials of furno?

Given the positive feedback on one of my posts, I figured I should make the design of my self MOC’s mandibles public knowledge, should anyone else need a similar design. If you are gonna use this design, just remember to give credit where credit is due.

The end result should look like this.

These are the parts you’ll need for one mandible. Remember to mirror the process in order to have a complete pair.

At this point, you need to decide if your MOC will look better with or without teeth. Also, if you have the resources, it is entirely possible to add a second, lower pair of mandibles, should you go for something more intricate.

You will need a standard 3-length pin to connect the mandibles to the part of your choosing. I found the Metru forearm to be adequate, although I am sure there are substitutes for this.

29 Likes

discomfort

1 Like

uh

1 Like

Well, it’s been half a year and I only just found this thread and signed up to the forums, but I do in fact have a poseable Bohrok neck design to share. I don’t remember for sure whether this was originally mine, but after searching online for Bohrok necks the only one I could find tried to maintain the original gear functionality at the loss of neck range, and I’m fairly certain I made this version specifically because I couldn’t approve of that range loss.

The head removed, with neck still attached beneath. Sadly, the axle-pin is in exactly the hole where the towball pin holding the rubber band would go, so that’s one less similarity with the original. A 12-tooth gear on the back emulates the original neck piece’s attachment point.

The neck removed from the head. I would have made the axle-pin run through both sides but I didn’t have the pieces at the time to do that and maintain friction.

The base of the neck attaches via the newer ball joint model, with the axle hole going all the way through. The 3-axle in the middle has been removed to make room for the neck.
The neck was far from the only thing I modified about this; I fiddled with the limb arrangement for quite a while to get them to have middle joints, start with the shoulder/knee joints the right way around, and still fold into a ball properly. I also added the third shield/hand/thing on the back to fill the hole left by the removed gear lever.

This was going to be more detailed, but apparently new users only get three images in a post. Seems fair, I suppose; I’ve seen forums with far more restrictive newbie rules.

EDIT: Anyone have some ideas for Skakdi skull masks? There are only eight that work with the skull on account of the teeth, and six are rubber monstrosities. (Also I’m out of pictures and I have a krana-fitting head that’s really cool but I can’t double-post.)

14 Likes

Nice use of the wings for the sides of the legs. You made it work so well. :+1:

Does anyone have a torso that is mainly ccbs and a little smaller than a titan sized body

1 Like

So here’s a little something I came up with when I was desperate to use a Krana with anything other than a Toa Mata head.

Sample-sama looking stately. In all seriousness, I never actually named this build, but I still keep him around because I put a good deal of effort into the body shaping

With the mask off, we see how it connects. The connection will work with just about any CCBS armor piece, but works best with the 3-long and 4-long ones on account of the sides coming right up to the edge of the mask.

The connection out of the armor. Pretty simple, but not for purists on account of the clip-to-clip connection.

22 Likes

Wouldn’t that technique also work for Kanohi masks too?
I really like this btw and I might use it, thanks :grinning:

Thanks! This is about the only technique I have that’s my original design, and I’m really quite proud of how it turned out.

Does anyone have the design for the herofactory drone head or at least one close to it?