HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Uh, yeah, I got a question.

why?

5 Likes

Why not?..

8 Likes

Lego bionicle parts. Not system bricks.

Ahh, yes. The only thing I absolutely hate about this topic.

But, my tutorials are perfectly acceptable, since they are for bionicle mocs.

5 Likes

Well, it’s not a System build, just a Bionicle build with a few System pieces. I’m personally quite happy with it, as it means you can use any 1x1 round tile as an eye, and there are quite a few of those that are quite nice.

Now, on the subject of eyes, I have a request. The Zesk head from the Glatorian series is something I’ve been particularly interested in, and I built a custom skull with a lower jaw for it.

The skull:

As you can see in the first pic, the eyes are a bit empty. Anyone have any ideas for how to fill them?

10 Likes

Hey guys, I need help I have a hard time making the necks on my MOC’s fully articulate and not too long. Here is where the problem is.

Unfortunately, making the neck this way is the only way to make my MOC move its head fully (including tilting it to the side.) Would someone please give me tips for making a neck for my Bionicle mocs?

Could you post a better view of how the neck connects to the shoulders?

Try this.

In the front axle hole, or if it will fit

Something like this, since those red ball joints make really good eyes.

1 Like

No way the ball joints would fit; they’re far too wide. The other one might maybe work, but it’ll need a 2-long bar piece instead of the axle so it can bend down the mask, and the yellow bushings would have to come off.

Well that’s good that I could help. The colors were just since those are what I could find decently fast.

So in regards to that, I’m not sure how effective this would be, as I lack the hand piece and the mask that would allow me to test it.

You’d plug the studs into the sides of the hand piece, and then adjust it so the eys line up with the eye holes. I’m not entirely sure if the mixel eye or another tile would fit tho, so you might just end up using a colored 1x1 clip. There would be one of these constructions on both sides.

3 Likes

The eye design used for the Makuta Krika set seems like it could probably fit in there, but the alignment for the second pair down by the nose might be a bit off.

Custom hand and weapon wielding system

Pieces you’ll need

The fist can be any colour and the foot can be swapped out for anything else that works:
Watch closely

Now add a weapon that fits into the axle, like this weapon I’ve made for a project I’m doing.

Now use any that works to keep it in place.

And there you go add it to any limb/arm that you want.

7 Likes

trying to make another moc, this time around based on the peacekeeper from for honor,

what could I use to represent the head?

Maybe some type of design that supports either the shoulder armor from the Metru or Knights Kingdom figures as the face?
The visor area would be a bit different (sort of nonexistent in the case of the latter), but hey, at least they both come in bronze.

I decided to use Uniter Tahu’s mask, because why not, now Im looking for a feet design that could work with this

7 Likes

Try black Protector feet, or maybe Bohrok feet. If you’re looking for something custom, I’d suggest a design with Exo-Force arms.

Protector feet wont allow the feet to move upwards and bohrok feet wont fit all

1 Like

You could try friction extenders on the Protector feet, if that helps.